ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag & serv light

On my clio 172 cup track car I have removed all my airbags, fitted resistors to all of the plugs inclluding the pre tensioners but the lights would go out then come on again after a few seconds, so today I took the airbag ecu out too & now the lights just stay on all the time. How can I get theses lights out & keep them out properly. Not using black tape method.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
If you take the airbag ECU out entirely the lights will probably stay on because the system detects there is a "fault" with the airbag ECU. The only thing I can think of is that the resistors were not of the correct resistance. Maybe the same as the black tape method, but you could remove the bulb from the back of the cluster? I know personally I wouldn't want black tape on my gauges, but I wouldn't mind taking the bulb out.
Edit: were the lights on before you removed the airbags etc? May be a stupid question, and you probably already know this, but on the clios the airbag ecu goes quite often because someone spills a drink in the cup holder and it drips through...

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I've removed all of mine and relocated the loom to where the passenger airbag was under the dash and for the time being I've had to leave the 2 side impact sensors connected as normal to keep the light off, until I can get them removed properly on gen renault computer

Not sure where you are but if it's anywhere near Westbury in Wiltshire I'd be happy to run my diagnostics on your car and give you a hand to trace which ones are playing up.

Ads