ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

airbag warning light

Keeps coming one intermittently along with the orange SERV light. Could this be caused by a loose wire somewhere. Seems to be affected by movement in the passenger seat, are there any wires there that could be loose?

Also yesterday the Stop light came on a few times when driving, almost liek the engine was stalling but I had no loss of power.

Any ideas? Dont really want to take it to the dealer if it something I can fix.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Its cause by the movement of the passenger seat back and forward, there are wires attached to the underneath of the seat.

As Tom says your dealer should be aware of this problem and provide a fix.

MINES IN ON FRIDAY FOR THE SAME PROBLEM. BEEN TOLD SOME WIRES NEED REPLACING UNDER THE SEAT.IF THEY KNOW ABOUT THESE PROBS WHY NOT SORT IT AT MANUFACTURE ?

GARY

172, Tiguan

cos its easier to let everybody contact them probably!!

All they do is cut the junction box thingy out from under the seat and tape the wires back together.

Takes about an hour.

chogg1000, Arbag light is to do with the drivers seat being moved up+down.

Took mine to Renault and they solderd the wires underneath seat to reqtify prob and the the Stop light did come up on mine but its no prob (jus comp!)

I think they went into computer to dissable the Airbag/Stop and Service lights!

Its a common fault that they Reset. Dont get fibbed off!!

Try pushing the two connectors together under the passenger seat. Also make sure that the wires are firmly pushed into the connector.

My SERV light never appeared again having done this.

^ That is probrably cos I shorted the circuit!! Jest...