ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aircon problem

PH1 172
Just had aircon regassed this morning at the garage I work at, when we turned the a/c on the pump made a whirring noise the mechanic said it could be the bearing when I left at dinner we tried it again this time there wasn't a noise but it started smoking.

I have had the car nearly 2 years and its never had any gas in the system until today is the pump done for or can I lube the bearing.

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
Sorry I don't have a solution here, I have a similar problem. So any help here would help me too.

I got my car new in June and the aircon makes a high pitched whirring noise. Renault said it was the pump, and they changed that but it still makes a noise. So maybe your pump is on its way out? Or not? Good luck though.

Clio 172 sport
mabey the pump is locking up and its the belt smoking i would seiously get it checked as that belt runs your water pump and could wreck the whole engine

PH1 172
I've not ran it since Im not fussed if the pump is broke I can live without it I have done since bought the car.