ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AirPods

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Who owns and uses some? And who thinks they’re only for pretentious gimps?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I don't own any, but I'm switching to iPhone when my contract renews purely because of them.

They aren't the best sounding but there are no other ones with similar battery life, allow you to charge with 1 pod and listen with the other, have microphones in both and don't look like you've got something stupid in your ear.

Great bit of kit really if you're not a huge audiophile but want a seamless integration.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

BMW M4; S1000 RR
They're really good. Surprising sound quality and great battery life.

Never had connection issues either (unlike PixelBuds or cheaper Anker bluetooth ones)

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I own and use them everyday. Couldn’t give a toss what anyone thinks about them, they suit my needs just fine.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve always used wired Apple earphones for running - the sound leakage is so BAD it makes them safer for hearing cars etc.

I would consider AirPods to replace them if they weren’t so expensive!

My boss has them, she calls from home and they always cut out. I told her to use the phone normally. I reckon they're rubbish.
People look like idiots when they wear them too.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Ignoring the subjective looks, they’re quality, great battery life, work great for calls every day and as above, seamless connection to iPhone, iPad and Mac.
Added benefit, Apple replaced both my earpieces for free after 3 years as the battery life was getting bad.

Clio 182 Trophy
Use mine everyday for phone calls. Absolutely brilliant. Seamlessly moves from my vans stereo to the earpod & back every time I get in/ out. Don’t think the qualities brilliant for music but not bad either.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I used them briefly, and they seem to be the best all round for being able to use them for calls etc.

I don’t find the hard shell comfortable.

I use some soundpeats ones which are about 25% of the price, and as I don’t use them for calls, they’re decent. I don’t know what they’re like for calls though.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve had a set for about a year now. Love them.

Don’t drop connection, and sound fine. Battery lasts forever too!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
They were reduced on Amazon earlier this week so I bought some! Can’t for the life of me get Hey Siri to work though but I think that’s down to some settings on my iPhone.

Clio 197,with megan'
I have Apple Phone/iPad/iMac/Laptop.The Air Pods are ok, but there are far better out there, for a quarter of the price, with longer Battery life, better sound integration etc.Once joined, they work the same as Air Pods, plus you have a choice of sound, lean towards treble/bass/forward Mids? Take your pick.I use Apple, because of easy of use. Nothing wrong with AirPods, but I wouldn't recommend them, but its individual choice.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
They were reduced on Amazon earlier this week so I bought some! Can’t for the life of me get Hey Siri to work though but I think that’s down to some settings on my iPhone.
Unless you picked the wrong ones.

They had Gen1 pods, Gen 2 pods and Gen1 pods in Gen 2 case iirc.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Unless you picked the wrong ones.

They had Gen1 pods, Gen 2 pods and Gen1 pods in Gen 2 case iirc.

Just checked the serial numbers online and they match the new H1chip. I think because I’ve been trying to access Siri when my phone is in my pocket it was throwing me off. Just tried it with my phone downstairs and it worked fine. In all honesty I don’t know how much I’ll use the Siri functionality.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Pretty sure you can assign a double tap to one of the AirPods to call Siri up.

I didn’t bother, mine is set up left for skip track and right for pause.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
See so many people with them now, but there are so many fakes for £20 that look exactly the same... the kids wearing these all have the fakes I reckon. I certainly couldn't afford nearly £200 on earphones when I was a teenager! I guess where it works for Apple though is that people don't look so stupid when there's loads of them around.

I'm certainly not against them, but to be honest I still wouldn't spend that much on earphones (mind you, that could change seeing as though I just spent nearly £300 on headphones which I never thought I would)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
f**k it, thanks for the heads up, ordered. Was going to buy those Sony XM3 headphones for a holiday at Xmas (26 hours flying) but this way I can sell my current Airpods and I use them all the time.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I only picked up the second gen AirPods last month. I should of waited for these ffs.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
same here!
Mother fucker! I held off for years because I thought they were stupid but they’re ace!

Exactly the same here! Have you got the new iOS update with the Announce Messages? Pretty good for when I’m sat at my desk at work and I receive a text.

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
FFS, I almost bought some in March. My GF said the new ones were coming out so I waited and waited. Bought some 3 weeks ago ( still not had to charge them). O well...

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Pro ear buds? Hmmm. Whats next Apple TV Pro + XDR? :p

TBH, I'd consider these now as the standard earpods hurt AND would fall out of my ears. Its nice to see Apple copying most other earbud make in supplying them with the silicon tips to make them fit and comfortable.

If the Mrs hadn't just got some free Samsung Earbuds with her new phone I'd probably have bought these. Though there is fook all PRO about them.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly the same here! Have you got the new iOS update with the Announce Messages? Pretty good for when I’m sat at my desk at work and I receive a text.
Possibly I don’t know. All my iStuff is up to date. I don’t get that many texts though lol

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Shame the rumoured extra colours didn't happen as I would have got these in black! No chance in white. Most people I see with these look like secret peados.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Ouch, at $249, I’ll stick with my Bose QC’s for now.

I have some cheap air pod equivalents (sound pears true wireless earbuds if anyone is interested), and I like the style, and the fact they stay in better than most other headphones when in the gym etc.

I’ll no doubt drink the kool-aid before long.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Normal shape Apple ear phones don’t fit my properly, sticky out ears mean they don’t really hook into anything and just fall out.

So never bothered with air pods, but these look like they may be a bit better, and my qc20’s are getting on a bit now....

But then I’ve been using some cheapo Anker wireless things (well they have wire between each of the ear phones, which is no bother) and they’ve been great, and we’re about £20.

Mr Apple fan at work was saying how they're a lot of money and he can't afford them. I bet he's got them by Monday :cautious:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Mine just came. They fit very well (and I didn’t have a problem with the normal ones).

The ANC is very subtle, doesn’t have the static white noise my cheaper over ear headphones do, the test will be using them on a train later this week mind you.

I’m also curious to see what battery life is like.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I’m properly in two minds over these, pretty expensive considering you can have the new Bose 700s for just over £300.
But, my AirPods are a few years old... and these ones look pretty swish, and they’re available for pick-up today 🤔

Was thinking about them as my old wireless buds just died but the misses just won a pair of B&O e8 2.0's and she is giving them to me! Also won a B&O M5 wireless speaker too so we have that to set up at home too.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I’m properly in two minds over these, pretty expensive considering you can have the new Bose 700s for just over £300.
But, my AirPods are a few years old... and these ones look pretty swish, and they’re available for pick-up today 🤔

If its proper noise cancellation you are after then the Bose 700s will be the way to go. I've had my QC35s for a couple of years now and they are still awesome. MKBHD has already said that the airpods ANC isn't on the same level as the over ear headphones.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
If its proper noise cancellation you are after then the Bose 700s will be the way to go. I've had my QC35s for a couple of years now and they are still awesome. MKBHD has already said that the airpods ANC isn't on the same level as the over ear headphones.
I've got some QC35s and would not expect anything that good for in-ears. Use my airpods at work as they don't cut out so much noise you cant tell when someone is talking to you haha - guess that rules out the need for the AirPod Pros

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Mine are going back, walking around this morning they fell out 3 times randomly!!

ANC really isn't as good as I'd have hoped, the SQ is good but I think the normal Airpods are better value for money.