ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AirPods

Mine are going back, walking around this morning they fell out 3 times randomly!!

ANC really isn't as good as I'd have hoped, the SQ is good but I think the normal Airpods are better value for money.

I tried some yesterday and they didnt feel very secure (in my ears) but I see so many people on the train wearing them they must be doing something right! Will hopefully have the B&O ones within the week and see how they compare, but as they are free I can't complain too much!

133T
Mine are going back, walking around this morning they fell out 3 times randomly!!

ANC really isn't as good as I'd have hoped, the SQ is good but I think the normal Airpods are better value for money.

Not good to hear. Mines are due tomorrow. Hope I’ve got the right sizes lug holes for them.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
They’ve got different sized tips so with a bit of luck you should find a size that fits you.

Oddly I found the small ones the most comfy for me (I have a large head in general) but yeah, my normal Airpods never fall out unless I brush them out. Maybe it's that these are heavier... They just feel like they come loose after a while.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Oddly I found the small ones the most comfy for me (I have a large head in general) but yeah, my normal Airpods never fall out unless I brush them out. Maybe it's that these are heavier... They just feel like they come loose after a while.

To be honest I have the same issue with my BeatsX headphones, they just don’t like to sit inside my ear holes. At least with my regular AirPods they stay where they are to an extent.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to try these out in my local Apple store, they actually stayed in my ears which is a first for any Apple ear buds (handily they were running trials of them

Having the tip that’s more like normal in ear phones helped, although I’d have liked them to just have a little bit more length to them to go in a bit deeper (as my wife always tells me).

Sound quality seemed ok but not amazing, similar to the Bose maybe but still not as good as my old wired in ear Nocs, which can get right in my ear.

The ANC was pretty good in a very busy noisy store, felt similar to my QC20 but hard to tell as the real test would be on the train/plane.

My trusty QC20 are coming up to nearly 6 years old now, the battery indicator starts flashing now after not too long, maybe these would be a useful upgrade.

Plus I wouldn’t need to have both my Bose and my cheapo wireless ones with me as these would do the job.

Or maybe I’m just trying to talk myself into buying them ;)

133T
I love them. Sound good, feel fine, pairs perfectly between iPhone and iPad. Pauses when I remove pod, resumes when re-inserted. Button pushing works fine. Would have liked volume control. Not sure what the official signal distance is but they cut off when I get to the bottom of the garden.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Bought some of these on Thursday, thought the noise cancelling was good, the case was nice and the general form was good.
Unfortunately I had to return them on Saturday as they just didn't fit my ears well, even after 20 minutes they made my ears ache really badly, regardless of ear tip size, disappointing but at least i've still got my regular ones and Bose QC35s.

BMW 330ci
Just got some of these. Trading my gen 1’s in to CEX. Then picked these up. Noise cancelling is great, and much prefer the buds as they fit in my ear better and are much more comfortable for me. Can’t see me using the transparency mode much. But a good feature. Only thing that is a bit annoying is the cable it comes with as it’s USB C. But I will either use just a normal charger or use the wireless charger. Kind of need the double wireless Matt now tho....never ending.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So I picked a set of these up today. Really impressed tbh. So much so I may get shot of my QC35s (hand them down to my boy).

Also found an app for Android that shows the battery levels and has Google assistant work instead of Siri.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up a set just after new year and first time today using them for travelling.

Mixed feelings, the wireless and size was a nice plus point compared to my trusty Bose QC20.

But the battery life wasn’t great, just about lasted my trip home (which I guess means the battery life was spot on!), but wouldn’t fair well on a longer journey.

Also I was disappointed with the noise cancelling compared to the Bose, from what I remember anyway as been a little while since been travelling and annoyingly forgot them today so couldn’t make back to back comparison.

Am travelling again next week so will compare properly, and then decide whether to keep them or not.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Spent a fair bit more time with these now and they have been good.

I was struggling with the tips, medium felt too small bit large didn’t feel quite right.

Ideally I wanted some longer tips, or possibly foam, to get a better fit.

I remembered I had some foam tips still in a drawer I was going to use for something else, so I tried the foam tip mod out and it’s made a huge difference (slip a foam tip so it sits under the AirPod silicone tip, like this)

Battery lasts enough for a usual trip, with the tips sorted there’s better natural noise isolation as well as improving the ANC.

So a lot better than at first, getting my use out of them!