ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alacantra colour ?

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
Hello,

I have recaros in my cup, i want to do the cheapo thing to re-trim my rear bench, cos its got oil stain on it, so i might as well put leater and alacanta on. so i am going to try this myself, with some help from my ma, and her sowing machine.

So i see on ebay i can buy black leather, and also the alacanta does anyone know what exact colour it is, cos i on ebay they say like grey, dark grey and black i think, so would it just be dark grey or black, humm, actualy maybe i should just email them and get them to send me samples.

yeah, also do i recon i should do like blue stitchiung to make the cup colour, or should i stick to black to match the recaro seats ?

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd say it was dark grey mate . But one manufacturers dark grey will probably differ from another in shade i would imagine .

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i was thinking that, but i know its an expensive material so i wouldn't have thought their would have been that many colours, and i wasn't sure if you have like material colour codes or something, like pigment colours

A Fcukin Car
Is there no way you can get the oil stain out, would it not be cheaper take it somewhere to try rather than try to replicate the leather/alacanta look and risk it looking gash??

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
well the rear bench is only cloth, and the material on ebay is like £10 a meter i think so i won't need that much, and i dont' want to fork out loads ££ for some genuine clio leather rear seats, if i could find them anyways, plus they don't match exactly anyways. so say £40 for the material from ebay isn't too bad, and it will be different

A Fcukin Car
Ahh didnt think bout it that way, well in that case as long as you can match up the colour as much as poss it should quite good if not diffrent lol.

Civic Type-R
Im looking at getting some of this to do my parcel shelf in. Im gonna try the charcoal colour and see if it matches. Think my seats are prob a different colour to the cups though.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
some ebay guy is going to send me sample, i actually read the renault spec and they say its called diminca alacanterssaraaf whatever, capital seating do sell it to match recaros but theirs is like £70 a meter !!! so i think ebay will be better

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm having my interior (doorcards/dash etc) done in matt black vinyl
and the door-trim & headcloth in charcoal alcantara with a coloured stitch for contrast
I'll also have a Focal logo beside the speakers and the ClioSport logo embriodered onto my headrest & dash (above dials) :approve:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
some ebay guy is going to send me sample, i actually read the renault spec and they say its called diminca alacanterssaraaf whatever, capital seating do sell it to match recaros but theirs is like £70 a meter !!! so i think ebay will be better

Nice one mate. It'll be interesting to see the results . You'll have to get some pics up when its done .