ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alarm on 182

correct me if im wrong but the alarm system in a 182 is a cat 1 isnt it?

does any1 know wat make it is?

and does anyone know how to make it bleep wen you are locking your car and setting it ? if possible cheers

Is the alarm not working ?

If one is fitted then it should beep when you are arming it.

If the Car is an import then it might have the alarm fitted

Its a Cobra I eblive

And yes its a CAT 1 spec alarm.

I dont think its adjustable but it should beep at you when it lokcs I think.

Maybe the speaker isnt connected.

the car isnt an import its brand new from renault dealer,it defo doesnt bleep when arming the car it just locks and the indicators flash twice. Can anyone elts shed eny light re this subject is it meant to bleep?? does any1 elts 182 alarm bleep when setting alarm.

The only time the alarm bleeps is when a door is left open or insecure wen arming the alarm

Is that a new feature then with 182s?

Clio alarms have NEVER beeped have they? (as in alarms that come with the cars that are bought from Renault dealers).

The only time they beep is if you set them off or set them so that the volumetric stuff isnt activated (leaving car windows open, but car still alarmed up) or trying to arm the thing when there is a door still open.

If an alarm beeps on arming, its because its an alarm thats been fitted after the car left the dealer or a non-Renualt dealer has fitted it before you took delivery?

I dont know, Im just guessing here. Its just that my alarm on my Clio doesnt beep when arming/un-arming. All I get is the clunk as the locks go, and a flash/double-flash of the indicator lights. I bought my Clio from a Renault dealer.

Lee

BMW M2C

They beep if you arm it too quickly. The guy at the Renault dealer I got mine from asked me if I knew why his did it!! Im sure it serves a purpose, but cant see what.

Mine beeps if I lock it the second the door closes. Leave it a couple of seconds and there is just the usual clunk as it locks and a couple of flashes.

yea mine is the same it doesnt bleep i was just wondering if they were not meant to bleep because as people have mentiond above it bleeps if a door is open ar not secure when trying to set the alarm.

Does any1 know if the bleeps can be turned on for when your seting the alarm?? and again is very1s alarm the same re the bleeping, am sure they will be.