ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm question

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
quick question guys,

couple of weeks ago i went to unlock my clio with the key fob, as soon as i opened the door the alarm went off, tried pressing the fob but it wouldnt lock itself, went to start the car and nothing, battery must have died. the alarm went off for a good 15/20 minutes.

in the end i just locked the passenger door and the alarm knocked off, did i time this perfectly or does locking the car manually over ride the alarm?

i know i might have just answered myself but i'd like some reasurance from you lovely folks before i go pissing my neighbours off again.

the cars been parked up for a few months hence the battery dying.

Cheers

Iceberg 172 cup
I've done this I few times and I've put it down to opening the door too quickly. I usually close the door and press the key fob buttons a few times until the alarm goes off, during this the car is locking and unlocking, I just keep pressing it as I do it early morning or late at night. Everything else woks afterwards but I haven't tried starting with the alarm going.

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
yeah ive done that a few times, but this time i couldn't lock the car using the fob, and couldn't start it due to battery being dead

A.N. Other
Did the engine even turn over? If yes then the immobiliser's probably kicked in. If the battery voltage is down, the alarm might well kick in anyway.

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
No it didn't turn over mate, I spoke to a Renault tech yesterday and was told that the battery needs 12v to knock the alarm off?