ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ALARM!

Thinkin of getting an alarm 4 my new mota, to keep the thievin scum away. Anyone recommend me a really good Thatcham cat1 alarm? price range erm.....up to £500 i think.

(I know all thatcham 1s r all spposed to b good, but id just rather have some recommendations b4 i start lookin)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

your car has a thatcham cat 2 already

you can get an upgrade from renault for about £200

Does it??? You know more bout my car than i do :(, I know its got an immobiliser.

Is the upgrade anygood though? will it b as good, say a Clifford alarm?

for £500 you can get a Clifford COncept 300 with intellistart (remote start to you and me)

Officially this removes the insurance rating but most places will invoice you separately for the intellistart therefore you get your insurance thatcham 1 certificate.

Just has mine fitted to my 2002 clio. Brilliant! Alarm is £349 on its own fitted about £150 extra for intellistart.

Only place I would recommend is Rtec, Hatfield to fit it. There installer is one of the top three in the country, he aint the quickest guy on the bloke but he does a brilliant job.

Think mine was one of the (if not the ) first mk 3 clio in the country to have intellistart and so they ran into a few previously undiscovered problems, but hese were sorted out and are now logged with the clifford installer database so hopefully other people wont have same problems.

Any questions email me mailto:Noel@adrenalinone.co.uk">Noel@adrenalinone.co.uk

The immobiliser as standard is Thatcham cat 2 but a Renault alarm upgrade is going to be nowehere near the qualoty and range of options and sensors etc as the clifford.

sorry for the essay but one more note avoid gap security like the plague they claim to be cheap and really push the hard sell but on my alarm package were over £250 more even when they were offereing me a "special" buy it now deal!!!!

Get a Clifford got the concept 500 on mine really good alarm proximity sensors are the buisness also got the intellistart on mine cool for them frosty mornings

how much is the Clifford Concept 500 ? and wats the difference compared to the 300?

Cheerz 4 the essay noel-pilot, better an essay than not saying owt at all...cheerz 4 the advice

Intellistart is really cool but when it comes down to it you have to have the chip removed from your key to make it work and this (surprise surprise) is actually one of the best security features your car has! Removing it makes the car vulnerable even if you have a (supposedly) good alarm like a Clifford.

N8_KOW with the words of wisdom thats only your opinion mate,Jim-Bob it was about £550 i think cant remember it was ages ago when i got it worth evey penny, Yeah youve got to get rid of the renault immobilizer but the clifford comes with one !!!!!!!!!

I cant say Im really that bothered about the intellistart anyway, id just use it as a toy/a way to show off, but if it makes the motor more vulnerable i wont bother, Id end up leaving it in gear once and it will shoot off down the road :(

2012 WRX Waggon

my std mk2 172 keyfobs are shyte - the battery mountings in the fob dont hold the battery tightly enough and u end up pressing it for about 20 secs to get in!