ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alfa 147 GTA

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well after deciding on a Fiat Coupe LE, I had to back out due to unforscene circumstances.

However I managed to snatch this up for peanuts. Bodywork needs work but mechanical it's absolutely bang on. It also has a lsd and aftermarket exhaust fitted.

Really pleased.

image_zpse1bed566.jpg

image_zps687e1fcb.jpg

image_zpsccd9dd39.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Nice car!

You managed to get that for less than the coupe? If so, youve done well! Don't these normally go for 6k+?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've never driven one but my old boss had one ages ago and rated it above many other cars.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks alright for the money. I was disappointed with the one I drove. I'd compare them to MK4 Golf R32 performance.
A mate from Alfaholics says they only tend to make 220/230bhp. Nothing like the 250 quoted. A exhaust may help that though.

I'll look forward to the updates. Your project threads always tend to end up immense.

SG9 Forester STi
Love these and that looks to be a very decent one. I'd have loved one but was always told they have reliability issues. Hopefully your ownership will run smoothly though!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
By the looks of the history it chews w/B and bushes. It's also had a gearbox, clutch, slave, consumables at a cost of £3000 @ 100k!!!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Always liked these! Looks great.

Theres a 156 GTA been parked in someones yard near me and it hasn't moved for at least 5 years. It needs saving!

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Awesome cars.
Had plenty of fun in the 2 I had.

Seems very cheap, presuming it needs CAMBELT servive.. Make sure you do it prematurely keep a check of oil and it should be great!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Cambelt not due until dec 16.

Car needs paint and new bonnet and a f**king good clean.

Don't think you will see another for 3k for a long time.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Your very brave if you stick to 5yr CAMBELT changes...
But you might get lucky..

Get some half decent suspension and enjoy, they do handle pretty well with the q2/quaife and basic suspension mods

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
It was done in dec 12 so would be 4 years :)

Set of KWs will be on the cards but not until I have sorted bodywork.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Yeah I had eibach springs on my white one which was good enough tbh and on my second one I had propper autodelta fully adjustable ones which were superb too, Eibach and koni fsd dampers are popular

lovely cars, I'd have loved to had one at one point. A white one went past me on the M60 recently and it sounded SO good.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
My cousin had one in silver year before last and has a thread on here, he got his looking very nice.

Luckily at the money you paid you can spend a few quid on it and get it back!

Z4
Love these, preferable in pearl white or red like the above though!

They look stylish as funk, go alright, and make a good noise.

I love Alfa's, I have had quite a few including GTV's 156's and 145's. They go really well but the standard suspension needs a bit of improvement.
Not keen on the Pearl Necklace white that they often get sold in though.

Megan's rs250
Had one of these , great car and 100% reliable , never went wrong in the 2 years I had it . One lasting memory The NOISE :)