ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alien arches

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

yes you do need the bumpers.

otherwise it would look a tad odd

Yeah unless you had the bumpers to the arches would just stick out and look stupid.

Plus i would expect the rear arches to cost quite a bit to get done and i dont know if you can buy them seperately, Think the whole kit is about 1k aint it?

the rear bumper looks the same as what i have already,

and the front is horrible, looks as if its a snow scoop or sumit

o well, hehe, was just a thought :cry:

Been looking at these two but my plan is only to do the rear so its in a R5 Turbo 2 stylee (phat ass only and normal front). Think to get it the arches bonded on and everything painted ill be looking at about 500 or so but bear in mind that youll probably need wider rear alloys after that so start saving!

Unsure of this but i think the original rear arches need to be cut away before bonding the new ones on so they wouldnt foul the wider alloys? Anyone panel beaters confirm??

that looks mint, except for the wheels which it think look sh*t,

i swear that car was in max poower a whlie back,

i also remember a yellow and peach one aswell with the alien kit !

thats them.. god thats going back a bit i think i first saw the kit well over 5 years ago.

still a nice kit !

BMW 320d Sport

If you just want the wide rear arches, but want something a little plainer, just get Maxi arches. Either way I think you could bodge it and bond the new arches over the top but the proper way is to cut away the originals. Im no expert on that though. It would definitely look weird with a normal width front and rear bumper. Perhaps if you dont like the Alien bumper and youre prepared for a bit of bodywork you should think about budgeting for the cost of a cut n shut job on them (and the respray) to pull the bumpers out by a couple of inches to match up with the new arches. Or look at a complete Maxi kit which is IMHO the best kit you can possibly get for the mk1 Clio...the fact that you dont like the Alien front bumper, dont want the spoiler and rear bumper and only like the arches, means you basically dont really like the Alien kit! Maxi kit is basically Clio 16v/Williams factory style but 100 times tougher and wider looking. As youd expect of a copy of a factory Renault rallying kit.

BMW 320d Sport

Oh BTW those skirts dont have the detailing on them behind the front door. I could be wrong but I dont think you can get those smooth skirts any more, they all have the detailing grooves in which youd have to fill over.