ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ali's 2003 Clio cup 172.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
That Cups looking spot on, I still miss mine (been gone 8 years!!..) when you selling it.....
I've still got the audi, could do with bringing it to you for a clean!

Cheers buddy, funnily enough i found a few pics of it the other day, hows it been?

That looks stunning

Ta =)

T5r. Cup looks epic now, refurbed speed lines in silver ftw

Wouldnt have any other colour, would ruin the car in anthracite/black. Silver is clean and fresh.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Looks good mate! They do look great with silver turinis. I felt bad driving mine after I got the wheels returned!

A4 Avant & A3
The Audi's behaving itself thanks, got the MOT coming up so fingers crossed.
Mrs kerbed a wheel the other day... keep pondering on a refurb of them as they're looking a bit tired.
But then, that's probably down to me not cleaning them good enough.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Sorted the nasty wheel bolts out this evening.
Before.

IMG_1461_zpsa27r0cpk.jpg

Much better.

IMG_1465_zpscvxxvqee.jpg

Ph2 172
How long did it take to get the interior out alistar want to strip mine to vet vac and tidy rails etc .....

Last edited by a moderator:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Cheers guys, got some new mats yesterday, was going to get the Renault sport one but at £50/£60 i couldn't justify that, these are of the same material and style but on cost me £15.

IMG_1486_zpsee0nwudh.jpg

Its madness isn't it, like on the VXR's. There around £160 for a set :O ones with the normal 'Astra/Corsa' written instead of 'VXR' are like £30 lol.

Nice example regardless of mileage.

Have a cup myself and going down a very similar road, OEM and clean rather than stripped and track car like most. The way it's going there won't be many clean ones in pretty much standard form left soon!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Have ordered a brand new genuine steering wheel. As much as I wanted a snappy one i decided if I'm going all oem with everything else I would go oem with the steering wheel.

Hopefully it won't suffer melting for a long time as the cup is kept garaged and only used once or twice a week.

Megane R26
Man that car is clean!
Fair enough with the OEM steering wheel. Are you going to return the entire car to standard? i.e. Springs/exhaust/airbox?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Man that car is clean!
Fair enough with the OEM steering wheel. Are you going to return the entire car to standard? i.e. Springs/exhaust/airbox?

Hi Rob, hope your not missing it to much :) visually I'm going to keep it standard, I'm happy with the springs as its a very slight drop from standard, exhaust is staying as I quite like it and you can't see it. I need to get the original air box setup sorted as the induction kit is to noisy for me.

I did manage to sort out all pipe work, brackets and the air box but the seller on here stitched me up and only sent me the air box!!

Don't suppose you have any of the original air box kicking around?

Need to get a standard head unit aswell!

Megane R26
Hi Rob, hope your not missing it to much :smile: visually I'm going to keep it standard, I'm happy with the springs as its a very slight drop from standard, exhaust is staying as I quite like it and you can't see it. I need to get the original air box setup sorted as the induction kit is to noisy for me.

I did manage to sort out all pipe work, brackets and the air box but the seller on here stitched me up and only sent me the air box!!

Don't suppose you have any of the original air box kicking around?

Need to get a standard head unit aswell!

Haha, missing it a bit! I always had the thought of doing what you're doing (not quite as detailed mind) but didn't have the time/knowledge/space and didn't want to do it to my daily. Definitely looks like a car to keep hold of as a future classic though. I quite often drive through your town when I go to visit my parents, I will keep a look out for it!

Unfortunately I don't, it came with some other induction kit fitted. Good luck getting an original airbox, aren't they quite tricky to get hold of?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Haha, missing it a bit! I always had the thought of doing what you're doing (not quite as detailed mind) but didn't have the time/knowledge/space and didn't want to do it to my daily. Definitely looks like a car to keep hold of as a future classic though. I quite often drive through your town when I go to visit my parents, I will keep a look out for it!

Unfortunately I don't, it came with some other induction kit fitted. Good luck getting an original airbox, aren't they quite tricky to get hold of?

Doubt if you will spot it, tucked up in the garage :) got the air box it's just the brackets and hoses I need now. I'm hoping it will become a future classic :)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Got hem through work (I work at Remault) you can get them off eBay for £26.95 deliverd, just type in Clio expression mats.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
The clio looks great Ali, a very clean example.

I have just ordered a set of the mats from my local Renault for £18.84. A real bargain compared to the Renaultsport. I have never actually liked the silver trim on the Renaultsport mats so these are perfect, and I quite like the clio text on them.

Monaco 172
Got hem through work (I work at Remault) you can get them off eBay for £26.95 deliverd, just type in Clio expression mats.

I have just ordered a set of the mats from my local Renault for £18.84. A real bargain compared to the Renaultsport. I have never actually liked the silver trim on the Renaultsport mats so these are perfect, and I quite like the clio text on them.

Either of you got the part number please??

Thank you.