ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All 15inch wheel owning people- tyres

53 Clio's & counting
Im after some 195/15v15's as now i cant get F1s any more for anything resembling a decent price, so what else is there? i want to try parada spec 2's but iv heard their not great in wet weather, so only in this size please can i have some recomendations?

cheers

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
PE2s?

Just got some pirelli drago P5000 in 195/50/15s fitted for £90

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Russ, I've got Spec 2's on the Enkeis, in the wet if you turn fast you will loose grip, but if you take it smooth they are fine.

Although coming up to summer in the next few months I would 100% get them. In the dry they are amazing.
And if you drive properly (;)) then they will be done by about October and you can get osme better wet tyres?

I got some parada spec 2's in 195/50/15 on wednesday, as said amazing dry weather tyre and u just have to go easy in th wet. £45 a corner fitted

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Ebay they are about £125 delivered for 4 (what i paid) then £20 tops cash in hand fitted at a tyre place.

Job done.

Ph 1 172
uniroyal rally 550 rainsport tyres....had these on my old car they are not that expensive but one of the leading tyres for grip in the wet and fantastic in the dry

53 Clio's & counting
and whats people's opinions on the toyo's guys?

im after a progressive tyre, i like that you can feel when they start to let go, and the impressive wet weather grip, would i be right that these are probably about the same as they have similar tread patterns?

Lionel Richie
T1-R one of the best tyres there is (IMO) they wear quick, and with the right pressures in the wet they're good too

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I've got T1R's on my turinis, and spec 2's on my 15's.

Toyos are awesome for the money, not as good in the wet as the PE2's that come standard, but miles better in the dry.

On a dry day I would pick the Paradas all the time, but all round the T1R is a better tyre for daily use.

PH1 172 Sport
Ive always favoured the PE2's on my PH1. It had T1-R's on when I got it and I couldn't get on with them so I swapped them as soon as I had worn the T1-R's down. PE2's can be expensive though.

Got 15" Spec 2s on my Cup and they are very good in the dry and reasonable in the wet (not great with lots of standing water though).

Wouldn't touch the T1-R with a barge pole. One of the worst tyres I've come across (IMO).

lift number 1 @ btm
toyo's for me too russ.

i had t1r's at colene when it got rained off, the only car i couldn't catch was a makinen evo.

tim has runs them on the vee too.

172 Race Car
Its all a matter of opinion, loads of people rate Goodyear F1's but I wouldnt use them again if they were free.

I ran prada's this year but im going to T1R's next. mainly coz I already have 2 in the attic. If money is no object id go PE2's. Ive always rated Conti's quite highly too.

53 Clio's & counting
wow alot of different opinions here, iv found i get aongwith the F1s, and pe2s seem to be a good £12 per tyre more as an average than the toyo's and i suppose if Tim puts his 330 bhp's worth of V6 to the ground ok with them then i should give them a go!

Seriously appriciate all the advise here guys, what cliosports about :)

Oh btw Doug has Tim got the vee back now? i meant to txt him but forgot lol

E39 M5 & Corsa track
T1-R one of the best tyres there is (IMO) they wear quick, and with the right pressures in the wet they're good too

totally disagree, horrible tyres, hardly offers any grip and they don't last at all.

spend some money on a decent set of tyres, a set of PE2's will give alot more grip in wet and dry and last alot longer, used them in a 195/50/15 on road and track, in every situation the pe2 wins hands down.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just can't get on with pe2's, especially on track. I just put 205 T1-R's on my 15's, will be getting a proper work out at Oulton in Feb.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Uniroyal rainsport 2's!

I had toyos on my old mk2 golf and it wouldnt get traction till high end in 3rd gear when the road was a bit wet.

Uni's are excellent in the wet and even better in the dry!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Got 4 New T1-R's waiting to be fitted Next Week, Had T1-S' before and found they wore ridiculously quick but T1-R's are supposed to hold out abit longer but was always impressed with the grip from the Old Toyo's

I ve got 4 new Pirelli p6000s on mine lol, came with the car, they are utter shite.
I will probably replace them in the near future with T1R's always got on well with the toyos and in 15" guise they are cheap too.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I had T1-R's for the whole time I had my Ph1 and ever only bought 4 more. Brilliant in the dry and never had any problems in the wet, but then I don't drive like a pleb on wet roads.

None of this "my back stepped out at 30mph on a straight road" rubbish, though.

lift number 1 @ btm
wow alot of different opinions here, iv found i get aongwith the F1s, and pe2s seem to be a good £12 per tyre more as an average than the toyo's and i suppose if Tim puts his 330 bhp's worth of V6 to the ground ok with them then i should give them a go!

Seriously appriciate all the advise here guys, what cliosports about :)

Oh btw Doug has Tim got the vee back now? i meant to txt him but forgot lol

it's back, but he has taken it off the road for the time being.

it's going to neil garner's to finish off the bits that scott still didn't sort out.

Clio 172 Ph1
On my ph1 i tried GY F1 and now PE2. Although lots of people rate high F1's, i was not happy with them and changed to PE2 which are better in my opinion.