ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All available 182 exhausts

Golf R soon...
Thinking of getting a more high quality 182 exhaust. Don't want to rush into another so considering every single available option. I only really put the blueflame on as it was the cheapest Stainless steel available at the time. So this is a list of the all the 182 exhaust available I can think of, feel free to submit a review if you have comments. Try keep it spam free! :rolleyes:

- BTB
- Yozzasport
- Milltek
- Janspeed
- Supersprint
- Orbisoud
- Blueflame (Currently on my car)
- Magnex
- Prospeed
- Custom exhausts

ST
- BTB - Ace.
- Yozzasport - My Choice, subtle when needed but can become 'notey' when required.
- Milltek - Stick to VAG exhausts.
- Janspeed - Not bad.
- Supersprint - Pricey but good.
- Orbisoud - As Supersprint.
- Blueflame (Currently on my car) - Sh1te.
- Magnex - Sh1te.
- Prospeed - Not bad.

M2 Competition
Btb/ yozzasport for me. Prospeed are good, but too much box on display at the rear, and the mounts can break. Millteks sound well, but few questions on build quality.

Milltek'd 182
what does VAG mean?

I have a Milltek and really like it, and people that see it/hear it do too. there was also a noticeable increase in power. you can see it at the run peperami :rasp:

i haven't seen a YS, or a prospeed (only other two i like the look of really) so cant comment on them.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
what does VAG mean?

I have a Milltek and really like it, and people that see it/hear it do too. there was also a noticeable increase in power. you can see it at the run peperami :rasp:

i haven't seen a YS, or a prospeed (only other two i like the look of really) so cant comment on them.

iirc VAG means Volkswagen

Milltek'd 182
mines ok, the only thing ive heard about is one mount was missed off due to the car they test fitted on didnt have it. but they have added that now

VRS
if i ever replace my prospeed it will be with a btb, non of the others compare :)

i love my prospeed and like the fact that u can see some of the silencers but that isnt to everyones taste, some like it, some dont! i would have bought a btb if they were around for the 182 when i got my prospeed but at the time there was only really prospeeds or haywood and scotts and i got the prospeed for a bargain price or a cs member who was selling their motor.

if you are looking for the best built, best quality, best proven gains then its btb all the way

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
I had a Janspeed, Orbisoud and Milltek.

Sold that Janspeed within 2 months. Now have the Milltek, but I sell it to refit the Orbisoud. But I will remove the sportscat of the Orbisoud and replace it with a tube.

182FF c/w Recaros
Do any of these aftermarket exhaust actually sound "almost" as quiet as the standard box inside?

I'd be tempted to change mine because I think the standard one is pants.

S**te sound, allways has something wrong with it etc etc.

Trouble is, I don't want a booming sound in the cabin and whilst some I've heard (from the outside) sound awesome and I'd love to have it, I can't bear to have a booming cabin whether I'm crusing along at 2K or 4K rpm.

OK i'd expect some additional noise compared to the standard one but I wouldn't want to have the stereo set at 25 all the time or my ears ringing after 15 minutes?

Maybe I'm asking the impossible........:rolleyes:

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
I would love an aftermarket exhaust but cant for various reasons, no doubt tho the Orbisoud would be my choice.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Do any of these aftermarket exhaust actually sound "almost" as quiet as the standard box inside?

I'd be tempted to change mine because I think the standard one is pants.

S**te sound, allways has something wrong with it etc etc.

Trouble is, I don't want a booming sound in the cabin and whilst some I've heard (from the outside) sound awesome and I'd love to have it, I can't bear to have a booming cabin whether I'm crusing along at 2K or 4K rpm.

OK i'd expect some additional noise compared to the standard one but I wouldn't want to have the stereo set at 25 all the time or my ears ringing after 15 minutes?

Maybe I'm asking the impossible........:rolleyes:

Dom, get a yozza decat thats what i'm doing ;)

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Hayward and Scott. Got to be top quality and expensive but its is custom fitted to your car?

clio 200 F4Rt
Some sound advice from a fair few people there!

BTB's history and background should give you enough encouragement to buy one!

If thier exhausts are good enough for Aston Martin, Prodrive etc etc, they are good enough for us! :D

Golf R soon...
Some sound advice from a fair few people there!

BTB's history and background should give you enough encouragement to buy one!

If thier exhausts are good enough for Aston Martin, Prodrive etc etc, they are good enough for us! :D

I think its either Yozza or BTB at the moment

Coilovers are great by the way ;)

Golf R soon...
That reminds me actually, I think I may have missed an exhuast system. Can remember a video of it floating about somewhere. Had a black gold 182 in a multistore car park in Newcastle I think, had a decat, any ideas?

I had a Janspeed, Orbisoud and Milltek.

Sold that Janspeed within 2 months. Now have the Milltek, but I sell it to refit the Orbisoud. But I will remove the sportscat of the Orbisoud and replace it with a tube.

Which Orbisoud do you have, the one with a silencer after the cat or just the rear box?

DSCF0128.gif

a thirsty one
i have always thought aftermarket exhausts should include along with all the usual specs a db reading at idle and another at a set rpm allowing you an extra variable when comparing systems, im saving at the moment for a system and was always thinking about milltek but more i see the BTB the more im tempted, an extra £150 quid more than the milltek system though.

whats the btb like at idle? neighbours have young kids etc

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
It's nice to hear that BTB builds exhausts for Aston Martin etc, but Remus has build exhausts for Ferrari and AMG, but I won't buy a Remus for my car. Different quality

clio 200 F4Rt
yeah sorry, i should of been more specific with makes and models!!

but like i say, all you have to do is look at BTB's history to see they know thier stuff.

But i guess at the end of the day, you pays your money and makes your choice!

good luck! :D

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
Yeah, the exhausts that BTB make for Aston martin are there race exhuasts and the aftermarket systems available as part of the prodrive kit, they also make all the prodrive subaru WRC and grp n systems (the group n's are titanium as its not outlawed in the same way as it is in the WRC, go figure)