ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All CUP Owners

May have mentioned this before, i have a fault on my Cup.

When accelerating hard, when it goes above 5300 RPM there is like a whistling noise coming from around the N/S engine compartment.

Its been back to the dealer 3 times, each time they say its fixed, each time they have said its a different part of the car making the noise, it is STILL NOT FIXED!!!!!!!

The customer care is absolutley non existant!

Any suggestions what it may be? Anyone else had this noise? im going mad!!!

Im going out with the service manager tomorrow so he can hear the noise.

But i have already had one of the technicians come out with me who said he was "baffled" by the noise.

Just as an example of how bad the customer care is, when i complained last time that it wasnt good enough that they kept telling me it was something else that they had fixed and the noise remained.

They said that the service manager would definately call me that day, 2 weeks later no call, so i had to call again. they are utterly sh*te.

Could you try dropping the car off and getting a courtey car and not give them there car back until they have fixed ur car.

What would they do. My guess is fix is asap there not going to cal the car in as stolen if you dont give it back can u imagine the fuss if that did happen.

Just remember to have pics of the milage and condition of the body and wheeels (ie no vurbed alloys etc) when u drop the car off. You dont want them driving it round for tones of miles.

EDD

172, Tiguan

what dealership do you go to Blocko, sounds remarkably like the one i go to!

Good luck mate.

this is perfectly normal and with the windows down it happens on all 172 mk2s/cups around 6k revs. Originally I thought it was the injectors, but eventually narrowed it down to the airbox gulping in large volumes of air, because when I replaced my airbox it no longer made the noise - shame really, I quite liked it ..

Well they have had it again today and ordered a new exhaust for the car.

The garage i use is the CO-OP Motor group in Nottingham.

The whole place is a joke, if you replaced all the staff with non english speaking asylum seekers it would be a more efficient customer focused operation! than it is now!

Tell me about it - left the cup in for 12K service on saturday - everything was fine apart from the 4K rattle, a faulty passengers seat mechanism and a clunking noise fromjm the rear somewhere! They didnt fix anything and now its come back with a leaking rear strut and the electronic vavle missing that controls the brake distribution limiters! Oh and noe the drivers front seat is bust too!

Total rubbish service and care on Renaults part! And they didnt even offer a courtesy vehicle when its in to be fixed and they insisted on taking my aftermarket green panel filter out of the airbox only to fit a standard one back in even though I asked them not to!

Im currently in a battle with the very same garage,are you talking to aldele? Ive spoken to Myron a few times but no good, the area manager is at Mansfield, been advised to go see him. Blocko is yours 03 plate and do you go to Rocko gym?

RSTDL are you also dealing with Co-op Motor Group.

Forgot this is the Second Cup they have sold me, first one was spot on, 8500 trouble free miles. Makes you want to cry!

Quote: Originally posted by Cup172 on 18 June 2003

Im currently in a battle with the very same garage,are you talking to aldele? Ive spoken to Myron a few times but no good, the area manager is at Mansfield, been advised to go see him. Blocko is yours 03 plate and do you go to Rocko gym?

RSTDL are you also dealing with Co-op Motor Group.
No, i refuse to talk to any of the reception girls now as they are plain useless.

I am dealing with Bob Sutton, he is the service manager there. (the site on Hayden Road)

Im on a 52 plate, and dont use that gym

the whole operation they have there is a joke!

funny my mk1 172 seems to have a whistle on it higher up the revs not always there,,,strange!,usually coming off the throttle rather than accelerating.

Not met with Bob Sutton yet! Just wandered as there was an 03 Cup at the gym the other week.

Got to phone them as they havent got back so me since monday.

Good luck

2012 WRX Waggon

my has developed a whistle at 80mph plus from the offside bottom of the windscreen?, dont seem to be dependant on revs.....aint slowing me down, so Ill live with it.....but if anyones got any ideas????

CUP 172 - they are so sh*te at ringing back, when i complained last time and demanded that the manager (bob) call me, 2 weeks later nothing, so i had to call them again! and then when i took him out in the car i arranged to meet him at 10, to be told that he was in a meeting!! - so i asked to speak to the most senior person there, also in the meeting, funny though, bob came out straight away then!

When I went to orginally complain about it I went at lunch time. Told people that I wanted to see someone in charge. Was asked if I had made an appointment, and that it would be best for me to come back in hour when she was back from lunch. Hello anyone in the real world, load of w**k.

I thought I was getting somewhere when they agreed to swap my car for a new one cause of the defects, with some money from me to them to make up for light usage. Found out today that they thought they were just taking in my car as part X and giving me a new one like if joe bloggs walked in. Because of VAT on new cars I would need to give them £3000 plus my car for a brand new one, only got on the 6th of May. Not very happy, they are not at all interested in giving me what a I paid for. The Cup badges are ten weeks away. So fed up now agreed to have the car re-sprayed and then im going to sell it for a Scooby cause just pissed of with it all.