ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Wheel Refurbishment Powder-Coating 'The Process' Picture galore

that red looks stunning :O assuming its candy apple red? is the closest colour i can put it to :)

the car looks tidy with black wheels mate (Y)

how would they do 2 different colours on wheels? say if you wanted the main part of the wheel one colour but the rim different?

Yeah something like that, its slightly glittery, looks amazing in person tho.

With power I guess the only way its possible to split colours is to have a split rim wheel. With normal spray paint you can use masking tape etc.
I'll still ask tho.

Yeah something like that, its slightly glittery, looks amazing in person tho.

With power I guess the only way its possible to split colours is to have a split rim wheel. With normal spray paint you can use masking tape etc.
I'll still ask tho.

thanks mate :) iv got them 2 colours atm with spray paint as they are not split rims, but iv heard that powder coating is softer and more durable because i had a problem with mine getting scratched everytime i change the tyres (tried different garages all tyre seperators do it to them :S )

anyway lemme know fella and a rough price would be nice mate :) (they arent damaged just the paint scratched off lol)

They look damn nice :approve:

Do you know how they would refurbish wheels with large plastic center caps covering the wheel nuts ( 8 spoke 182 wheels)? I presume you cant powder coat these a different colour as they're plastic :S

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Had my wheels done here yesterday. Awesome service and really nice guys.

Will get some pics up when I get a chance.

560266_10151740352795154_564565153_24697952_289285489_n.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've got some pics in my project thread tyler, just waiting on my centre caps.

You've said above no centre caps, but can't he just paint them in the same colour? I spoke to him about this at the weekend?

TTRS & V50
Nice thread. A good read.

Powder coating is the only way to go, any other way is w*nk. I cringe at our bodyshop wheel refurbs.

I'll be getting the EP3's all fours done soon-ish, they are in a dire condition.

Astra H vxr
Pictures look good Rob, want to see it all complete now.

16" so £210 in colour of choice, but remember the centre caps won't get done
That's cool :D is that with tyres on ? as its the wheels on my car now? yeah was thinking about going a bit darker grey then standard but forgot about the centre caps are plastic lol so may be best to go standard colour
but also black wheels might look good how much notice do I need to give to get it booked in ? :) thanks Adam

Clio 172
Had a friend do my OZ F1's recently and they look amazing, I bought the wheels and they were in a bit of a state but now they look brand new I almost don't want to use them.....almost. I got them done in anthracite with a gold fleck to them, sounds odd but it contrasts against the flame red of the car really well. I'm going to get my daily wheels done in a high power silver soon as well. I had the anthracite ones laquered as I was told it protects them better against brake dust especially as these will be my track wheels.

That's cool :D is that with tyres on ? as its the wheels on my car now? yeah was thinking about going a bit darker grey then standard but forgot about the centre caps are plastic lol so may be best to go standard colour
but also black wheels might look good how much notice do I need to give to get it booked in ? :) thanks Adam

Yeah with tyres on, so including new valves and rebalancing etc.
Black wheels FTW
My old RB
DSC03265.jpg

DSC03258.jpg

Call him about the centres, he can probaly sort you out 01268 769383
Give him a call about notice, and he'll tell you when he can do them (not in tomorrow tho)

Astra H vxr
Yeah with tyres on, so including new valves and rebalancing etc.
Black wheels FTW
My old RB
DSC03265.jpg

DSC03258.jpg

Call him about the centres, he can probaly sort you out 01268 769383
Give him a call about notice, and he'll tell you when he can do them (not in tomorrow tho)
Ahhh does actually look so nice in black :p def edging towards black wheels :D cheers for that mate il give him a ring on Friday and see when he can do them :D top man

just popped in as he was just finishing off a 200 cup, so thought it would be rude not to take some pictures.

the car in question

IMAG0740.jpg

Wheels finished, must admit the colour looks awesome

IMAG0739.jpg

on the car

IMAG0741.jpg

Took it out for a drive as I've never driven a poverty spec oh I mean cup model
Next to my beaut :)

IMAG0742.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Russ got he's wheels done and although I haven't seen them yet, I've spoke to him about them and he's really pleased with them. :)

Will try and get some pics when I can.

Looks nice mate, what colour is that?

Think it's just anthracite mate, with a light coloured primer.
Never knew but the finish can be altered by what primer is used.
Learn something new everyday

Russ got he's wheels done and although I haven't seen them yet, I've spoke to him about them and he's really pleased with them. :)

Will try and get some pics when I can.

Yeah said he picked them up this morning. Glad his happy

Yeah post some pictures up on here when you get them.

Astra H vxr
Just going the standard anthericite colour , was thinking going black as it suits the car more but where my car ain't that low I think its gunna look Like I've got a bigger gap between arch and wheel lol

Astra H vxr
Fair enough mate, what you gonna do while they get done?
Yeah they look really nice in black, looks well nice on it rb in black, but I know what I'm like I'l get black then would won't standard colour and if I go standard like I am il regret it and want black wheels lol, um one of my mates lives in Basildon so he gunna pick me up from there and drop me back off once there done, dropping car at 8:30 and prob be round 5 ish they said they should be done :)

Astra H vxr
Nice one, might pop down and take a few in process picture for ya if I get a chance
Ahhh sweet that be wicked if you did mate :) when I spoke to him on phone to book I told him i got the number from you, he's said he's had a lot off clios off here he's done :p

Ahhh sweet that be wicked if you did mate :) when I spoke to him on phone to book I told him i got the number from you, he's said he's had a lot off clios off here he's done :p

Nice to meet you Adam

Here are a few pictures of the process, but PM me your e-mail and I'll send them all over when I get back from work (thursday)

Before

IMAG0759.jpg

Tyre off

IMAG0761.jpg

Original OEM colour

IMAG0763.jpg

Sand blasted

DSC09473.jpg

Primered

DSC09477.jpg

Painted and lacquered

DSC09490.jpg

DSC09491.jpg

New tyres on

DSC09495.jpg

And finished :)

DSC09514.jpg

Astra H vxr
Thanks Tyler for the pictures and for the recommendation on where to get them done I most say they done an absolutely pucker job :D can't fault them in any way and must say its actually makes the car look more cleaner now wouldn't think how scruffy scuffed alloys make the car look lol was good to meet you mate :) will have to pop over when a meets on next :) think I'm off to FCS at weekend soo will have to miss north Weald but next time il be there :)