ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Wheel Refurbishment Powder-Coating 'The Process' Picture galore

would you mind getting a price on 17 inch rims done 2 colours?

im not entirely sure how he would go about it tbh but i would love my rims powder coated if he could do my spokes and the back of my wheel black and the rim of the wheel the same colour green i have on the car atm...

as said not sure how he would go about it... with regular paint we masked off and did the rim seperate

anyway im rambling lol just let me know a price (dont mind if it will take him longer than 1 day as painting them takes a week then they need a week to harden and would be easier if i could get them done accross 2 days or similar :)

would you mind getting a price on 17 inch rims done 2 colours?

im not entirely sure how he would go about it tbh but i would love my rims powder coated if he could do my spokes and the back of my wheel black and the rim of the wheel the same colour green i have on the car atm...

as said not sure how he would go about it... with regular paint we masked off and did the rim seperate

anyway im rambling lol just let me know a price (dont mind if it will take him longer than 1 day as painting them takes a week then they need a week to harden and would be easier if i could get them done accross 2 days or similar :)

You can't do 2 different colours on normal rims, only split rims.
as the whole wheel gets charged, powder attaches to it all. you can't use masking tape or similar as the wheels go in a 200 degree oven.

Plus the petrol from where you live would cost you more than the refurb its self lol

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Cracking read up. I want my wheels done on the 182 but I'm worried the centre caps won't match. It's on the to do list anyway.
Not bad prices either.
Black on UR looks great. ;)

Cracking read up. I want my wheels done on the 182 but I'm worried the centre caps won't match. It's on the to do list anyway.
Not bad prices either.

That's why he got the original paint, as the center caps are huge.

When I got my winter wheels refurb'd, they're anth on the outside but black on the inside. No idea how he's done that !

That can be done, as there just saving paint and not doing the insides, just spraying the face.
But for just the rim it will be impossible to get a neat line.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I will look into this then. Where's this company based?

You can't do 2 different colours on normal rims, only split rims.
as the whole wheel gets charged, powder attaches to it all. you can't use masking tape or similar as the wheels go in a 200 degree oven.

Plus the petrol from where you live would cost you more than the refurb its self lol

no worries fella :) so would only be able to re-paint them when it comes to re-furbs then :(

probably stupid question but could he not mask during the painting and then remove the masking etc for hardening in the oven?

or use say a circular piece of metal after doing the entire wheels black to hold in the centre of the wheel whilst doing the rim a different colour... (i know it would be messing about)

only asking because they have a very prominent lip...

originally looked like this.. but the lip is smooth...

3335_middle.jpg

Last edited:
  Astra H vxr
Not bad prices either.
The caps look no different now then what they was before mate :) oviously you can notice a slight colour difference as paint on the alloy and the caps being plastic there be a slight difference but there was a slight slight difference before which you can't see any way tbh lol definitely worth doing mate best thing I've done to my car so far lol