ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy wheel sealant

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Hi
I've just received my Speedline 2118s back from powder coating and they're obviously looking great. What's the best paint sealant out there to stop them aging with brake dust.

Wheel.jpg

Cheers in advance

Chris

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Whatever you do don’t get Poorboys Wheel Sealant. You might as well just put butter on your wheels.

Definitely look at the options above, ensuring prep and application are correct.

Spend a bit more money and time and do it properly once, and it’ll make life a lot easier in the long run.

C5 is incredible but you have to put the effort into prep. Actually straight from the coaters is the perfect time to apply as you don’t have to bother with the decontamination you would have to do otherwise.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Clearly not to detailers std. Been using collonite insulator wax for last few years. Does a pretty decent job.

Don't know where I read that in first place?

It was originally designed to protect insulation cables hence the name so it’s not bad on wheels at all.

Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels is very good too. Top it with Gtechniq Exo and even better 👍