ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine 7998R Stalk & display troubles

Hi all,
I've bought the autolead connector kit including the PX kit for the display, but I can't get either the steering controls to respond or get anything on the dash display. I've connected the red connector block to the display at the back of the clock, plugged the iso leads from HU to loom and then after storing a radio station then plugged in the jack plug as instructed, but nothing!! Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong as I'm sure I have the right kit for the car/HU??

Cheers Jamie

come to think of it,im not even aware of it being stalk compatible (7998)
nothing listed in the manual about it

I've had the head unit for 5 years and been gathering dust for the last 2 years since selling my other car. So decided to bung it all in the clio ,bought the leads from halfords and a year later on getting round to it, I can't get them to work now which is annoying as taking the dash off isn't the easiest thing to do. I've reread the instructions and I'm fairly sure I'm following the steps but as I say nothing appears to work. What do you suggest I can do?? or is my unit not compatable with patch leads??

Cheers Jamie