ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alpine cde103bt help wiring?

Renault clio 1.2 16v
i have bought this new head unit and i have plugged in the colour wires to the colour wires for example yellow to yellow ect and nothings working so i played around with the colours and i found out the sterio only comes on when the headlights are on SO WHAT COLOURS GO TO WHAT???

A.N. Other
Re: alpine cde103bt help wiring ??????

Didn't you just connect it using the ISO connector loom it (presumably) came with?

Golf GT & A4 Avant

generally on the back of the headunit and always in the manual, it will tell you what colour wire on the stereo is what. it is not a case of matching the colours!

99% of clio's come with ISO connectors so it should be as simple as plug and play with the Alpine wiring harness. Does your clio have 2 black plastis connectors? 8 wires going into one block for speakers and 5? wires into the other for the positive negative, ignition live, remote etc

Renault clio 1.2 16v

i have plugged in the two iso connectors but there are also wires in the iso connectors that join together with little metal clips with a transparent plastic sleave over it theres are 2 yellows 2 oranges and 2 reds i belived it would be yellow to yellow red to red ect but its not so i played around with connecting the colours and now the sterio only comes on when the lights are switched on and the speakes go all crackerly

A.N. Other

There is a radio pin-out guide on the forum somewhere, tech. guide section maybe. You need to refer to the manual that came with the headunit & match it up with the pin-out.
HU connectors connect to the ISO connectors, you probably don't need to connect the others - you're possibly connecting powered antenna/phone interrupt/amp remote incorrectly.

Clio 1.2 8v (99)

this is a bump from me cos there must be someone on here that has fitted a alpine stereo to a clio themselves

i helped him try and fit the stereo (cousin) . the orange cable coming from the car is deffo the dimmer cable because, when with the yellow coming from the stereo, it turns on and off. so that leaves yellow and red coming from the car but we have already tried swapping them colours....SO

is it possible that we have blown one of the fuses coming from the car to the stereo ?

Golf GT & A4 Avant

I have the 103bt in my wife's golf. in the manual it reads
Yellow = battery live
Orange = dimmer
Blue = Power antenna / aerial
Black = ground / earth
Red = ignition live
Blue / White = remote turn on for amp etc
Pink / Black = audio interrupt input

the connectors you mention are they between the head unit and the ISO connectors? if so it should be same colours together. With some VW's the battery live and ignition live are round the wrong way but not on Renault. therefore I would suggest someone has played around with your clios wiring into the ISO connectors and best to rectify this so it conforms with the ISO

Clio 1.2 8v (99)
Yes they are between the ISo and the head unit I fited the same head unit to a Peugeot 106 and just swapped yellow and red. But on this car it's not the case. We have checked the head unit fuse and that is fine but could it be the fuse for permanent live has blown and where do we locate it to chec. Thanks for ur time by the way :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
best thing to do then is check the HU that you've just taken out, you should be able to work out which wire is which as it goes into the HU, therefore connect it up and trace the wires back and label each one on the loom, then you can tie them in with the new loom. what HU have you removed, standard or aftermarket?

Renault clio 1.2 16v
today my cus got his continuity tester out and tested the cables to c which ones are which
the yellow cable is the permant live
the orange is the dimmer
and the red is the ignition
but there is no power coming from the ignition cable (red) so we cant turn on the stereo

so does anyone know if there is a fuse on this cable and if yes where can we locate it ??

Yea most likely be the fuse.
Fuses are on the passenger side end of the dashboard.

Pull the cover off and on the back is a grid with pics on.
You can see it on here: 3rd row down, 2nd column from left.

DSC01387.jpg