ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine Headunit Stopped Working?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Completely out of the blue today I turned the car on and the stereo just didn't come on.

The fuse seems fine, but I only checked it VERY briefly, so I may have got the wrong one (being the 'tard I can be)

Its an iPod compatiable HU and the iPod was originally still coming up as "connected to alpine HU" or whatever, but now it isnt even doing that...

Any ideas what it could be? As I'm assuming it must still be gettin power if it was still connected to the iPod?

Do the face plates on the Alpines ever die???

2001 Clio Sport 172
My Alpine died slowly.
First stopped reading usb + ipod, then started only reading selected CD's.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
This is only 1.5 years old or so though?

Ah the fuse on the back, I had TOTALLY forgotten about that, awesome, thanks :)

I hope it is that, I'll have a man-gasm if so, the sound of the exhaust, although lovely at times, is not good if it cannot be droned out by the radio!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
"Give me some further advise please mid day CS'ers" bump

Will check the back fuse in a minute, but I don't understand how the iPod is still charging if thats the case?

Not a Clio
I can't remember the exact way the ipod interface is wired up (I have the same system) but it may take a source of power from the loom not directly from the headunit...?

Just check the fuse as it's the quickest easiest fix, then take it from there..

Polo + Micra
is there a little reset button on the front as if it is actually charging your ipod i doubt the fuse has gone?

Polo + Micra
normally a little button on the face off

have use a pen or something to push it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
There is something, but I had no idea what it was, I'll push that when I finish work, if not then I'll take it out and check the fuse on the back, couldn't get it done on lunch time unfortunately. Cheers.

Polo + Micra
glad it's all sorted mate didn't think it would be too much being as it was an alpine:approve:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah I was suprised it broke tbh, but I thought it was gonna at least be a fuse, or something disconncted from the hard suspension, (LOL!) was really happy when I didn't have to prise it right out!

rallyspec 1.4 & 1.8 16v
check the fuse in the fuse box (both stereo fuse and interior light fuse!) then the fuse behind (they dont normally go as there 20amp and the main fuse is normally 10 or 15)