ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alpine HU Eq help

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

all i have in the system is JBL components up front and 13cm speakers in door with 12" JL sub.

the rcas are on the subwoofer pre amp connection so i can turn it up down the back roads but down in residential areas.

was playing with the EQ on the HU last nigh and when i put the LPF on the speakers it also cuts some of the frequency to the sub.

why is this, surely the filter should only affect the speakers not the output to the amp?

Polo + Micra

the lpf would be for the sub.

you need a hpf on the components.

also what h/u is it? because on mine i think i can attenuate the filters as well

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

Sorry yes it only gives one option wnen the sub output is active thats HPF

but it doesnt give an option for speakers or output

also whats subwoofer reverse?

its a 9831r btw

Polo + Micra

the hpf shouldnt affect the the sub out rcas:confused: but it will the front and rear rcas aswell as the speaker outputs from the hu.

sun reverse just inverts the phase on the sub output.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

thats what i thought, are my ears playing tricks on me.

you say the sub reverse just inverts the phase on the sub output but what does that mean?

Polo + Micra

if you had bass note where the speaker went in then out, with reverse on it would go out then in on the same note

Polo + Micra

a pure guess

would be that it would be for intergating with the comps better at the x-over points.

so the sub and comps would be working togeter (in-phase)