ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine Steering wheel Remote

I am just about to buy my new alpine h/u for my new 182, on my last clio (Dynamique 53 reg) the steering wheel remote had to link into the back of the clock hence the dashboard had to come off, is this still the case with the alpine adpators or can they plug into the wiring harness for the stereo now? also does the display interface (alpine) have to link into the back of clock or can that be linked into the harness as well?

Many Thanks

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

depends on the HU but it is possible to not remove the dash now.

Hi, Its the Alpine 9855R, if i tell them the make and model of my car will they give me the wright one so i dont have to take the dashboard off then?

Does anyone know about the vechicle display interfaces?

Thanks

The new alpine 9855R can actually take the new steering remote & display adaptor now which they have just created...

means you can keep the display upstairs as well as the steering wheel controls!

so in all honesty its worth making use of that feature and taking off the dash to get the best adt....

& yes the dash still has to come off I think... even on the 2005 models.

good choice of headunit by the way, its the one ive got on order to replace my nakamichi cd400

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 07 May 2005

The new alpine 9855R can actually take the new steering remote & display adaptor now which they have just created...

means you can keep the display upstairs as well as the steering wheel controls!

so in all honesty its worth making use of that feature and taking off the dash to get the best adt....

& yes the dash still has to come off I think... even on the 2005 models.

good choice of headunit by the way, its the one ive got on order to replace my nakamichi cd400

It doesnt i have the said adapter on my 9835r

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Yup no need for it to come off, the adapter just sites between the standard connectors and the new ones, no need to plug right into anything else.

BMW 120i Sport

http://www.caraudiodirect.com/ - they do the InCarTec ones - about £35 all in for both parts. Depending on the headunit, no need to remove the dash, I have the Alpine 9851R and i didnt need to.

However, Alpine do their own stalk/car interface adaptors (Tom has them, ask him for part numbers) and I believe that they will relay more/proper information to the dash display. Theyre also quite expensive for the Alpine adaptors, about £60 for both bits.

I decided to get the cheaper incartec ones from Caraudiodirect. It doesnt relay all the info to the dash display, but it does indicate if youre changing tracks and turning the volume up/down. It says "ALPINE" the rest of the time.

Im too busy looking at the road to notice now, im glad i saved myself £30.

Ok, thanks, cant find the one for clio 2 with dash display, the models only go up to the alpine 9835 but i used to have this h/u and im sure the 9855 (my new one) is the same!

Thanks

Caterham/172/XC90/RX7

Hi Chaps, bit late for this topic but oh well!! Ive just bought the Alpine CDA9853r with the ipod KCA 420i module too, been on to Caraudiodirect.com (thanks BIG G) to find the remote adapter and ive got the same problem as you Dave, The 9853 isnt listed, which one did you go for in the end? as id imagine the 9855 is the same adapter at the 9853?

Help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Simon

Caterham/172/XC90/RX7

Just been speaking to Alpine and Incartec, turns out that none of the steering column remote interfaces available at the moment work with the 2005 clios :( cos Renault has redesigned the remote connector!

Anyone know of any other adapters available?

Thanks

Simon