ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator Adjuster - Hurry up lol

172cup
Hey guys,

The Horizontal and vertical inter-connecting bolts for the adjusting of the alternator have snapped about 10 mins ago.

Where can i get these from?? I just phoned Renault in Ware, and the old fart doesn't have a clue what i'm on about.

Anyone had this before? I assume this is a reno only part?

Thanks in advance

Trying to get advice on this forum is like trying to get blood from a stone mate. Nobody seems interested unless you're posting in general chat. Shame, cos it used to be a useful forum, I have been asking all day about brakes, but to no avail so have visited another forum, and got some help.

172cup
^^ hello mate, ive got the reno part numbers, thanks... had to try 4 renault garages round here before getting someone who knew what parts it was.

Seems no one could find any exploded diagrams to get part numbers from!!

Point is, I am stuck without my car and they need to order it, and won't get it to me til Monday. It's not charging the alternator, and not nt running the fan... therefore going to overheat if i drive it.

Oh... and another thing... its £28+vat for the fooking thing!! Its only a tiny tiny little threaded bolt!

Scamming b******s.

Ph1
Trying to get advice on this forum is like trying to get blood from a stone mate. Nobody seems interested unless you're posting in general chat. Shame, cos it used to be a useful forum, I have been asking all day about brakes, but to no avail so have visited another forum, and got some help.

Its because its constantly bogged down with page after page after page of induction kit / cold air feed topics so decent topics or requests like this etc get lost in among the crap.

2003 Clio 172 cup
yeah mate i had same problem with renault dealer. in th end i went round and showed him what it was on his computer. lol

172cup
yes mate. Ware in Herts.

I travelled down today from Cheshire, and got to get back up tomorrow night lol. So i am hunting down a scrappy at the moment. Got bugger all tools or anything lol, just typical.

Renault in Harlow said he would try and get one sent to me by tomorrow late afternoon, but won't know til later.

If not, i'll be using a fooking large amount of circlips and cable ties to get me up the road lol

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Hi according to what I'm being told, there are 3 bolts.

One long one which has a washer and nut and goes through both lugs on the alternator and two short ones, one is the adjuster lock bolt and one is the pivot bolt, which do you need. ????

172cup
i need the long thin threaded bolt and the nut (which were part no 9 & 10) on renos exploded diagrams...

and i need the bolt connects the the bottom/goes through the bottom of the above bolt.

Im sorry this doesnt make much sense. Its easy to show someone lol

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
i need the long thin threaded bolt and the nut (which were part no 9 & 10) on renos exploded diagrams...

and i need the bolt connects the the bottom/goes through the bottom of the above bolt.

Im sorry this doesnt make much sense. Its easy to show someone lol

Don't worry, it makes perfect sense, I'm looking at the diagram now.

Hold tight, I'm trying to find some for you...

172cup
like i said, Reno Harlow said they will prolly get me some by tomorrow late afternoon... but they were ripping me off lol

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I'm afraid I have hit the "POETS" day factor, your best bet is either Renault Harlow for tomorrow, or find a set of bolts and threaded rod from Halfords or somewhere like that and bodge it to get you home.

Sorry, but I didn't pick up on where you were earlier, I went by your location of Ellesmere Port and thought there might be a Ware up there. Doah !!

172cup
lol, Brian thanks for your help anyway mate. Much appreciated. At least someone come forward in the end. Hopefully they'll come up trumps (but haven't heard anything yet).

I assume its a doddle to fit? My only concern was the vertical thin bolt had a bulbus end and doesnt fit in unless i take the entire bracket off (which with a knife, a spoon and a pair of kitchen tongs) might not be easy lol

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I'm up the road a bit in Cambridge if you get stuck, what about the AA or RAC,

You should have some basic tools in the cars kit, if not I think all you need is a couple of 13mm spanners......good luck.

To be fair though not everyone with knowedge is on all the time. Many of then work so not on till later.

If you need any help drop me a message edde_uk at ayhoo.co.uk (PM's are to full ATM)