ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator Problems!! Help!!

Phase 1 172, boxster
Just driving back home this evening and my battery light came on but the car didnt stall, pulled over looked under the bonnet and found that my alternator wasnt spinning when the engine was running.

basically how long will the car last running without the alternator working?

Does halfords or quik fit fit alternators?

cheers

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
f**king hell dont drive it if the pulley isnt moving, the belt will be shredded soon and you can say bye bye to ur cambelt.

Phase 1 172, boxster
no the pulley is still moving, its still running normal, you can just see that the alternator isnt moving, the wheel connected to the alternator is still moving with the belt

Phase 1 172, boxster
Gonna go check the rear connector in a min, What would cause a battery light to come on but the car to not stall?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Gonna go check the rear connector in a min, What would cause a battery light to come on but the car to not stall?

If your alternator has failed the light will come on, there is no reason for the car to stall it can still run off the battery.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Not long.

It uses f**k loads of power to start the engine, plus run everything, if your not replacing the power... Well.

Good Luck with your journey.

BG 182
ive just found out the bracket on my alternator has snapped clean off the rac thort it was the tensioner but the local garage has had a look and thats not the case! not only that i wont be able to exchange it so will have to pay the surcharge !!!