ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator Tension Pulley

012ham.jpg

i love life

Last edited:
  340i
Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan..

Matt ill speak to you tomorrow when you come round for tea and biscuits!

There any local garages rounds Gems way, £20 rent the lift out for an hour or so? ;)

Or even better Birchdown mobile services? Kev and Kev you know it makes sense!!!!

Mondeo TDCI 130

There any local garages rounds Gems way, £20 rent the lift out for an hour or so? ;)

Or even better Birchdown mobile services? Kev and Kev you know it makes sense!!!!

Listen to ya.....!!;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Oh jesus.... not again, Matt are you getting the same cold sweat and shivers just thinking of working on Gemma's car!

I very much doubt you will be able to do it on the street :S even with mine and Matts ghetto engineering skills LOL...
It took me, Father Gray, Father Gray's friend 2hrs to do it on a car lift with every tool you can think of at hand!.

You also need a special tool to realse the "hold" of the tensioner, like a 3/8 drive bit on a meter long bar iirc?

Yep!

That's what i was thinking! :dapprove:

340i

Listen to ya.....!!;)

You know it makes sense... Like the AA?

"If we can bodge it on the side of the road, we'll bodge it on the side of the road" :eek:

Family Bus
Well. Kit purchased from Renault with thanks to Fred for his assistance with the part number :)

Tonight, I shall take one small slow final drive in my car, as perhaps tomorrow she will die, or she will kill Matt along the way.

Please say a small prayer for a little french car and her little blonde owner. And also a BIG prayer for Matt - may he not succumb to death by RS Clio.

Eek.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Well. Kit purchased from Renault with thanks to Fred for his assistance with the part number :)

Tonight, I shall take one small slow final drive in my car, as perhaps tomorrow she will die, or she will kill Matt along the way.

Please say a small prayer for a little french car and her little blonde owner. And also a BIG prayer for Matt - may he not succumb to death by RS Clio.

Eek.
what about me :

:(

Family Bus
Sorry :( Im just expecting Norm to be under the car..and you shouting at him from the sidelines ;)

What time are you gracing me with your presence hon???

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
gonna aim to get there at about dinnertime - 12ish...

il bring axel stands and tools. and a wireless drill (so norm doesen't electricute himself)

Clio Sport 182
you can do the belt and tensioner at home easy with no ramp ive just took the alternator off my 182 with aircon without jacking the car up so its not that hard. just jack the engine up as far as it goes its a piece of piss

Family Bus
you can do the belt and tensioner at home easy with no ramp ive just took the alternator off my 182 with aircon without jacking the car up so its not that hard. just jack the engine up as far as it goes its a piece of piss

What did you do about the 'special tool'

We have made NO progress at all.

Mondeo TDCI 130
^^ If you go to halfords and get a 3/8 drive square sump plug tool, You can, with a bit of a fiddle, do it with a 3/8 ratchet / breaker bar, but it isnt easy.

Family Bus
Well. Epic FAIL tbh.

No tool, No Norm, No car.

Gutted. Off to the garage it will have to go.

FFS

:(

Clio Sport 182
i just jacked the engine right up so you can get a 3/8 wobble end extension bar into the adjuster i will get a pick in 5 as its still in the state as im awaiting a alternator !!!!!!!!

Family Bus
So me and the Poorly car are taking a road trip, on a tow truck to Birchdown tomorrow!!

Hi Kev and Kev LOL!

Family Bus
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not looking forward to 2 hours in a towtruck with a random driving person :(

Eeeeeek.

Steve - If I dont turn up by 2pm..call the police LOL!