ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alternator

1996 Clio Oasis 1.2
okay so iv just got myself a 1996 clio oasis 1.2. first car so i dont have a clue what im doing.

before anyone makes assumption i have searched on the forums and over the internet and have yet to find any useful information.

im wanting to put in a sound sytem, consisting of a head unit, a pair of 6x9's using the head unit built in amp and 2 subs with an amp powering them.

what im wanting to know is that if im using the standard fitted altornator and battery (i dont know the details) for the 1996 oasis what kind of range of subs and amp will i be able to put in without draining ma battery because the alternator cant cope.

any information would be greatly appreciated
cheers
Sam:cool:

Suzuki Ignis
hey welcome,

Ive also just got myself a bebop from the same era. Should be ok to fit that as long as your not sat there for hours listening to it without the engine running.
Ive got a 12" Vibe CBR10 with the built in amp but im not to keep on it, doesnt pack the punch i want, then just standard front speaks as im skint atm. Will be getting componants though not 6x9's, better mid and high sounds from componants and tweeters and they aint saying, 'come rob my 6x9's and theres a sub and amp under here to'. Unless you want to go through the hassle of building a new shelf and hide them,or tinting the windows.

Anyway yeah that should be ok.

1996 Clio Oasis 1.2
cheers,

so what wattage would you recommend. Iv been thinking about 2 10" and amp but dont know how much juice they would drain with different watts.

ill have a browse at the component speakers and tweeters then :D

thanks man

Polo + Micra
i used to run a pair of mrv-t707 alpine amps(340wRMS each) in my mk1 and never had a problem with killing the battery.

but saying that i've killed it a few times in my mk2 but thats running a JL 1000/1 at about 1300w lol

1996 Clio Oasis 1.2
harm to my wallet, student with part time job here and first car so v. high insurance lol :p

so how loud is around 800W exactly....if u havnt guessed im new to the whole lot :D

cheers, Sam

"Navy" N17 TWO
My sub is 800W max (400w RMS) - going by the specs.

:) It is excellent - I wouldn't actualy want it any louder or a harder "kick"
Certainly tests-out the dynamat I can tell you that much hehe

clio 16v
cheers,

so what wattage would you recommend. Iv been thinking about 2 10" and amp but dont know how much juice they would drain with different watts.

ill have a browse at the component speakers and tweeters then :D

thanks man

you will be able to run two 10's with standard battery and alternator no problem:cool:

WILL BE: 1992 1.8 16v
Mines a '98 Oasis. Also first car.
However, i bought a stealth shelf and nicked my sister's 6x9's that she never used and threw them in. I'm looking at sub/amp and where to put them atm as i know 6x9 and subs don't work too well together at all, however sometimes it CAN work in your favour. More dependant on placing.
I'm a trainee sound engineer but a car's sound stage is much different to that of a car.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Mines a '98 Oasis. Also first car.
However, i bought a stealth shelf and nicked my sister's 6x9's that she never used and threw them in. I'm looking at sub/amp and where to put them atm as i know 6x9 and subs don't work too well together at all, however sometimes it CAN work in your favour. More dependant on placing.
I'm a trainee sound engineer but a car's sound stage is much different to that of a car.

How exactly do you get into that? I'd love to do something like that :)