ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am i being conned out of my clio

Hey all

Ive had my clio for sale in the autotrader for a few weeks now and the only interest ive had appear to be from con men, although im not sure of this but i just smell a rat. This is an Email i was sent this morning, can anyone shed some light on it if you think it is suspicious too?

HELLO,
I SAW YOUR ADVERT ON A CAR FOR SALE WHICH I AM INTERESTED TO
BUY.I AM A BUSSINESS MAN BASED IN BELGIUM IN THE EUROPE,BUT I DO COME TO UK OFTEN.

I WILL BE HAPPY IF I CAN PURCHASE THIS CAR AS I HAVE BEEN LONGING FOR THIS
PARTICULAR MODEL.THESE ARE MY TERMS OF TRANSACTION;]

1 I AM OKAY WITH THE STATED PRICE .. £4650
2 I WILL BE PAYING WITH A CHEQUE
3 I WILL PAY IN EXCESS

THE EXCESS FUNDS IS FOR MY AGENT WHO WILL COME FOR THE PICK UP OF THE
CAR.I WILL WANT YOU TO GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR FULL NAME,ADDRESS
AND PHONE NUMBER.

THIS INFORMATION WILL BE NEEDED FOR SMOOTH TRANSACTION AS THE
NAME GIVEN WILL BE ON THE CHEQUE AND IT WILL BE SENT TO THE ADDRESS GIVEN
SO THAT YOU CAN CLEAR FUNDS AND SEND THE BALANCE TO MY AGENT FOR PICK
UP.THE PHONE NUMBER PHONE NUMBER WILL BE FOR TIME TO TIME CONTACT.IF YOU ARE OKAY WITH MY
TERMS
SEND ME THE INFORMATION NEEDED WITH THE PRESENT LOOK OF THE CAR.I
BELIEVE
THIS TRANSACTION IS ON TRUST,AS YOU TRUST ME WITH YOUR INFORMATION SO
DO I
TRUST YOU WITH MY FUNDS AND THE STATUS STATED THAT THE CAR IS OKAY AND
IN
GOOD CONDITION.LOOKING FORWARD TO A HAPPY TRANSACTION.

REGARDS,
MR PHILLIPS
MANAGER
LEADCARS STORES
ANTWERP

Renault Laguna Coupe

He hands over the funds - cheque appears to clear ok then subsequently bounces. You are down 1 Clio plus the excess.

thats mad though! if the bank has cleared the cheque, they should foot the bill. Amazing how its always the victim who gets it in the arse... and how is it that this guy can do this and not get arrested? I feel a vigilante mission coming on...

2005 Impreza WRX STI

lol its sh*t how then can do it! this thread is same as another one!same letter sent too or email whatever it is

Just sold my Elise and I got loads like this. I was stringing one guy along for a while although I knew immediately it was a scam from his first email! Just thought Id give him a false sense of hope then I sent him a really bad email. Kinda sad I know but got so many scam people I wanted a little revenge! :D

Silver 182 F/F

They do obvious spelling mistakes etc so you feel more at ease with them,hoping you dont think there a big company or based in England

genaeral rule of mine - anyone genuinely interested will phone you up, not withhold number or text or email!

Oh, and if its a scouser then just put the phone down lol!! ;)

Only joking!! Mwuahahahah!

so, somebody has to actually come and pick up the car, would it not be possible to say beat the sh*t out of him when he arrives for the car.

or call the police and inform them?

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Quote: Originally posted by killamangiro on 07 July 2005

so, somebody has to actually come and pick up the car, would it not be possible to say beat the sh*t out of him when he arrives for the car.

or call the police and inform them?
I dont see a problem with doing your first suggestion-they would deserve IMO!

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by matt the cat on 07 July 2005
]Oh, and if its a scouser then just put the phone down lol!! ;)Only joking!! Mwuahahahah!

:mad:

Silver 182 F/F

They dont ever collect the car,the scam is when you send the excess funds to the agent out of your own money only for the cheque/bankersdraft to bounce later.:eek:

Quote: Originally posted by BRUCE182 on 07 July 2005

They dont ever collect the car,the scam is when you send the excess funds to the agent out of your own money only for the cheque/bankersdraft to bounce later.:eek:
not exactly true, as a bloke around here had his motorbike took, and his excess

we have a cheque at work for £10,000 from a building company (its fake obviously) we advertised a bike on the internet (i work in a bike shop) and we got some guy called terri mark with a re-worded version of that e-mail including that trust crap, we gave out our adresse and the cheque came, then my manager decided he wouldt cash a cheque for £4000 over the price over the price of the bike, and then a couple of months later we looked at the cheque again and realised it was fake. would we have been in alot of trouble or what??

I got the same email for my girlfriends car and posted it yesterday. Its all a scam. I have has another about a dentist purchasing his car for his son! All bo**ocks!