ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I being told bo!!ocks

BMW E46 330i Touring

I test drove a 182 yesterday (cant beat those free M&S vouchers!) and I have admittedly fallen in love. The 5k kick just put a smile on my face that I couldnt remove!

However, the salesman was saying that the only 182s they have left are those with Cup packs and about 150 Trophys, so it technicaly works out cheaper to buy a Trophy because of the extra cost of the Cup pack... is this right?

Also, would you have thought that the remaining 182s will be selling for less than RRP, with the imminent arrival of the new shape? I really want one but 13k is just too much, Id rather get a 5k loan and pick up a 01 172. :)

Oh, and if I do decide to go for the 172, how will the driving experience compare to that of the newer 182?

Cheers in advance...

Trophy has less toys.. so if you want climate, xenons etc.. its no point in getting a Trophy, heh.

Very similar driving experience for them all tbh - iirc target price for a new cupped 182 should be ~£12k, 182 Cup ~£11k, and Trophy £12.6k

Id be tempted to get a good 172

Matt

Id be looking at a Trophy if I wanted a new Clio.. they do look the part and by all accounts, perform mint!

The Tube

Cheapest option would be to pick up a decent low mileage 172, I dont think theres a huge amount of difference between them all, and youll be saving yourself a few quid!

If youre looking at 172s... on paper the Mk1 s are faster than the Mk2s. Similar to the cups in fact.

but in reality they all give the same driving experience.

don't

gay, looks like my local renault isnt involved in it, says the nearest megane sport hatch back and 182 of any kind is over 20 miles away

BMW E46 330i Touring

Cheers for all the replies guys, I think the 172 is looking like the best option, but I may try to raise a bit more cash and get a realy good example...

I got the email from Renault, so I just went to their website via the link, obviously chose the right dealer and car I wanted to drive (even had the V6 available...) and then got an email confirmation. I went in and the guy was there waiting for me with the keys.

The salesman told me that the Trophy was 15,500 new but theyre selling them for 13,500, which is obviously salesman speak, but that there werent anymore standard 182s left, which I found hard to believe. He did say that the Trophy is THE one to get though.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)

i put down a deposit on a full fat 182 with recaros for 13k on the nose. book price with the options is just over 16k so i think i have done quite well for myself.

recaros are lovely

if you know someone in renault collar them and ask them to order the car for you on that friends and family thingy, save loads that way

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 18 August 2005

If youre looking at 172s... on paper the Mk1 s are faster than the Mk2s. Similar to the cups in fact.

but in reality they all give the same driving experience.

In my experience the mark 1 172 is slower than a mark 2 standard vs standard. Mark 2 is so much nicer looking exterior/interior as well.

182 w/busted splitter :-(

I recently purchased a new 182, in black, with Cup suspension (but not the spoilers) from my local Renault Dealer.

They basically gave me the Cup suspension pack FOC to get the deal.

You may find shopping around a bit might help here - my (friendly!) dealer was telling me that there are incentives to clear all the current model Clios out (including the Sports although these wont be replaced until next year) as they want to make room for the new models shortly to be launched.

I was rather happy to get the whole thing for a 12.5k - which (according to Renaults web site) was a saving of nearly £2.5k on the RRP?