ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I mad? (Trophy purchase?)

Fiesta ST200
Alex, what lux model, what plate and what mileage is yours buddy?

The FRS isn't that bad to run if you drive it calmly as a daily, I was surprised at what fuel return I got from mine, but on the other hand I am lucky that I don't need to use mine that often, in fact I don't think I've driven it for about 2 months.

Mine is lux 1, 59 plate with 34 on the clock.

It isn't that bad but the maintenance costs on the trophy will be less anyway :)

Edit: it also has leather upgrade.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
If I was you I'd sell the FRS get a Trophy, enjoy Vegas and buy a house.

If you don't get on with the Trophy, sell it (doubt you'll loose any money on it). It least then you can tick the I've had a Trophy box...

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
If I was you I'd sell the FRS get a Trophy, enjoy Vegas and buy a house.

If you don't get on with the Trophy, sell it (doubt you'll loose any money on it). It least then you can tick the I've had a Trophy box...

This.

I'm going to keep my clio just so I can go to thailand with the lads for 6 weeks.

More to life than cars!

I'd be scare of the missing power. Although the Clio will be fast enough in 90% of situations, it's that last 10% I fear myself.

Considering similar. Vx to 172. Problem is, 160 odd bhp feels pedestrian now :(

RS
I'm in a similar position, although I'd save less money!

Considering going from a Stage 2 R26 (275bhp) to a Trophy, and afraid I will miss the power and some of the extra features in the megane.

But it would free up a few k and the cheaper running costs would make a mortgage more affordable.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd be scare of the missing power. Although the Clio will be fast enough in 90% of situations, it's that last 10% I fear myself.

Considering similar. Vx to 172. Problem is, 160 odd bhp feels pedestrian now :(

Going back to a ph2 after the silly scoob was like getting back in my first car :eek: It didn't accelerate, there was no torque, it didn't go round corners... just godawful.

Took many weeks of getting used to it and frankly just chilling out before I was used to it. Still über frustrating regularly when a quick squeeze of the gas would have overtaken something pedestrian on the roads .. where as the Clio hasn't got the legs to do the manoeuvre safely anywhere near as fast.

As you say, a 182 is more than fast enough for most situations but another 150Nm wouldn't go amiss ;)

The only bonus I took from going back to a Clio was that they feel alive at 60-70 on a back road.. where as in the scoob, even though it was old and unrefined, I'd have to be heading into autobahn territory along the same road to feel as much fun.

Fiesta ST200
Well the RS is pretty much sold, pending a price for his part ex.

I'm going to miss it so much. Caught some lovely flames on the go-pro last night, I'll post them up in this thread :) what a Chav.

Quite looking forward to trophy ownership though. With an RS, people know what it is. Ask you about it all the time. I've lost count of the number of times people have asked to race at the lights and it gets tedious. In the trophy I can just have my own fun on the back road into work every day. Awesome.

GW Stage 2 R26
Why a trophy though?? I've had ff 182s and a trophy and if you had didn't know which you where driving you wouldn't be able to tell the difference and you'll save yourself a couple of thou..

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Why a trophy though?? I've had ff 182s and a trophy and if you had didn't know which you where driving you wouldn't be able to tell the difference and you'll save yourself a couple of thou..

Strange that you say that. I'm on my 3rd Trophy now and wouldnt even consider bothering with a 182. Considering all the 'mods' that you'd end up doing to the 182, you might as well just buy the better car in the 1st place.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
It would depend on your long term plan for the car.
if its to own it for a year, enjoy the best you can warrant and then still have a good return come the time to sell it on then I agree to looking at the Trophy options.
if you are going to start changing for budget coilovers and spoiling the car, then yes you may aswell go for a normal 182.

Alex, can I ask what price you have secured for your FRS?
im considering selling mine at the mo, I have a price I'd like to see for it but its knowing wether I can achieve it or not.

Fiesta ST200
It would depend on your long term plan for the car.
if its to own it for a year, enjoy the best you can warrant and then still have a good return come the time to sell it on then I agree to looking at the Trophy options.
if you are going to start changing for budget coilovers and spoiling the car, then yes you may aswell go for a normal 182.

Alex, can I ask what price you have secured for your FRS?
im considering selling mine at the mo, I have a price I'd like to see for it but its knowing wether I can achieve it or not.

I'm going with a trophy. The reason being on the track there will be a big difference in handling. I do a few track days every year and a trophy isn't that much more expensive considering the gain in performance.

Kelv, I got £19,500. But I am a detailer so as you can imagine its in exceptional condition with a full ford history.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Alex, one of the lads I share my unit with is also a detailer, the car is constantly being lavished with love when he has no work on, other than that mine sits under its dust sheet.
i used mine over the weekend for the first time in almost 2 months, hence me considering selling it.

i was going to put mine up for £21,500 and I don't think I'm prepared to go below £21k.
im glad your happy with the price you have secured for yours tho buddy.

Fiesta ST200
Alex, one of the lads I share my unit with is also a detailer, the car is constantly being lavished with love when he has no work on, other than that mine sits under its dust sheet.
i used mine over the weekend for the first time in almost 2 months, hence me considering selling it.

i was going to put mine up for £21,500 and I don't think I'm prepared to go below £21k.
im glad your happy with the price you have secured for yours tho buddy.

What's the age and mileage etc mate? :)

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
59 plate.
lux 1 with the black half leather lux 2 seats.
condition is immaculate.
12,000 miles.
revo 400 done by Rob @ SCC.
FSH by Rob @ SCC

all of the factory items that have been removed for the 400bhp kit to be fitted have been kept in decent storage so every item can go with the car with the sale

AB3329E8-331C-493B-826A-5DFBC80B1B7C-2418-000002DCCD6508CF.jpg

AE3A55AB-F289-4DCB-A897-0C4849CF46CA-2418-000002DCD49261DA.jpg

RS172 Flamer
I know you're looking to 'free up' some money but maybe you could sacrifice a little after buying the trophy. In other words: Sachs refurb; Sportlines; PM Strut & Top mounts; Whiteline RARB... General Trophy Mods. Fast road set up for the drive to work and works well with the occasional track day. Step further, maybe Uprated Group N Clutch and Quaiffe Diff (in the interest of handling upgrades)

Fiesta ST200
I know you're looking to 'free up' some money but maybe you could sacrifice a little after buying the trophy. In other words: Sachs refurb; Sportlines; PM Strut & Top mounts; Whiteline RARB... General Trophy Mods. Fast road set up for the drive to work and works well with the occasional track day. Step further, maybe Uprated Group N Clutch and Quaiffe Diff (in the interest of handling upgrades)

These things will all come in time, mate. For sure.

Fiesta ST200
59 plate.
lux 1 with the black half leather lux 2 seats.
condition is immaculate.
12,000 miles.
revo 400 done by Rob @ SCC.
FSH by Rob @ SCC

all of the factory items that have been removed for the 400bhp kit to be fitted have been kept in decent storage so every item can go with the car with the sale

AB3329E8-331C-493B-826A-5DFBC80B1B7C-2418-000002DCCD6508CF.jpg

AE3A55AB-F289-4DCB-A897-0C4849CF46CA-2418-000002DCD49261DA.jpg

That looks lovely, mate. I'm sure you will get what your after :)

PB Clio 172
Like someone said earlier why a trophy?

You can have all the fun in a 1*2. Or just get a FF if that's what you are after.

Titanium 182
Just sold my trophy, it was by far the most epic thing I've ever driven. They are serious amounts of fun - Nothing comes close for 4-5k (unless its a mint gti6 or FRP)

Fiesta ST200
Everybody saying 'just get a FF 182', no offence but open your eyes. A Trophy is the ultimate 182 and an icon for the hatchback market. Also, a trophy will hold its money much better.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Just trying to save you money. Won't bother next time

Lol, you're such an odd bloke.

The guy's settled on a Trophy, explained his reasons as to why and you still throw a sulk. Let it go.

You'll love the Trophy Alex!

PB Clio 172
The op says he is saving for a house holiday etc.

If I were him I would save money and buy a FF yes a trophy will hold its value but you shouldn't need to spend 5k to get a cracking renaultsport

He wanted thoughts and there is mine