ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am i mad?

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Started a bit of a project in my 182 today and am now thinking i might have been better just throwing money down the nearest drain!

I decided that i should build my tomtom into the dash, got all the stuff, started taking things to bits and then looked at it and though 'Oh Poo this is not actually the walk in the park i talked myself into thinking it was!'.

Any how this is what im trying to achieve vv you will have to excuse the crude piccy. What do you all think? Am i mad or will it be worth it?

piccy.jpg

Once again VERY rough piccy! :rasp:

top of the pyramid
lol, didnt Has make a custom cradle thing to hold a tom tom looked loads better than that.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Isnt that where the stereo goes?
below the central locking and rear screen heater button

Yeah, stereo is inside glove box.

Reasons behind trying to do this are:

Want to hard wire my tomtom in as there are 5 wires dangling about otherwise. Was going to put it on the top of the dash but would have still had the wires showing a bit.

BMW 330D
Isnt that where the stereo goes?
below the central locking and rear screen heater button

Yeah, stereo is inside glove box.

Reasons behind trying to do this are:

Want to hard wire my tomtom in as there are 5 wires dangling about otherwise. Was going to put it on the top of the dash but would have still had the wires showing a bit.
Ah right cool

Just a quick suggestion though, if your going to do perhaps create a cover
As the amount of car thefts these days with people pinching sat nav's has rocketed!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
You do know that you can get a dashtop for clios that allows you to put the satnav where there clock is?

It doesnt !

The dashtop is pretty expensive.

It only takes a certain screen which is no use in this case.
The renault sat nav/or similar setup becomes very costly.

edit: ooo someone found my origional thread :D