ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I missing something here?

Clio 172 cup
Refusal of an MOT Test Certificate:

Centre rear Stop lamp not working [1.2.1b]

-------------------------------------------

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this means a brake light is out, right? I've just checked all the rear lights, however, and they are all working.

Am I missing something, or are the MOT station just trying to pull a fast one? :S

(They also failed me -- incorrectly, may I add -- on "little or no effort" to the rear brakes, so I'm hardly filled with confidence).

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
When you press the brake, the centre stop light comes on? And without stating the obvious but you do realise the centre one will either be in the rear screen or your spoiler?

Clio 172 cup
What would you deem to be the centre stop light? I know it sounds ridiculous, but as I said: all the lights are working - the light on the spoiler, both brake lights, either side. Hence, I'm a tad confused.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
stop light would to me mean the centre stop light, in your case the one in the spoiler.

Clio 172 cup
I did, at the time (obviously I couldn't check there and then as I was on my own) - his reply was: "well, it's your centre rear stop lamp". Helpful...

Clio 172 cup
Thanks, by the way. All I needed was clarity that I'm blatantly not looking in the wrong place. I think a tad bit of shouting may be in order...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
LOl its okay mate. When its that obvious, sometimes its not, if you get me. Hope you sort and tell the guy to get his eyes tested ha ha.

Clio 172 cup
I didn't want to take it back (having done nothing to it) and for him to point out a lamp that I'd been overlooking. Sorry for the stupidity of this entire thread, also. It's just hard to believe that they'd flag up n non-existent fault; but alas...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Dont apologise about the thread mate, just one of those things. Either do the above or just take it back mate, if there working there working. Good luck :)

Clio 172 cup
I already have, Fred regarding my rear brakes. VOSA read the figures back to me: overall braking was 63%, and 23% for the parking brake. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's over the 50%, 16% pass mark, right? lol And the rears are definitely functioning - brakes and pads were replaced last year and I can't turn the wheels with my hands when applied.

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
Sounds like someone is taking the pi**! Do you not have someone you trust to do an mot for you? My mechanic is independent and just drives my car to a local garage for me, they see him every day so they wont dare fob him off!

Clio 172 cup
It does seem low, but I was told that 16 was a pass. Unless of course all of this is KG and not %