ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I missing something?!

Clio 182 RB
So I can accross this on Fb

It is a very nice car fantastic spec and really would like to have very similar myself, they're asking £7,500 for it..... What am I missing because I'm looking at that car and thinking top end is £5500.

Clio 182 RB
Got rid of my link 🤨
Screenshot_20200608_190754_com.facebook.katana.jpg
Screenshot_20200608_190818_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Personally I’d be put off by the engine with unknown mileage.

Starting (very) high and letting someone think they’ve got a bargain when it goes for less maybe?

Clio 182 RB
I must say its causing a big debate on the advert and is fairly split with people who agree and don't, on that alone there could well be a buyer for it but as you said it'll probably get sold for less as like most cars do.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I must say its causing a big debate on the advert and is fairly split with people who agree and don't, on that alone there could well be a buyer for it but as you said it'll probably get sold for less as like most cars do.

How many of those who think it's not overpriced are willing to put their hand in their pocket and buy the thing?
Willing to bet the answer is zero.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Less than 5.

Scrapyard engine out of a Ph.1 with no idea of the miles? Wiring has been chopped about, and did I miss the detail in the advert on the roll cage?

Clio 182 RB
Less than 5.

Scrapyard engine out of a Ph.1 with no idea of the miles? Who's parting with good money for that one?
I wasn't being cheap at £5/5500 then.

It is a really nice car, but not even a full cage and was expecting it to be a turbo or throttle bodies at very least

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Have you seen it in person?

The seller freely admits that it's seen plenty of track action and carrys a few marks because of it.

Clio 182 RB
Have you seen it in person?

The seller freely admits that it's seen plenty of track action.
No literally just the advert and tbh at that price I doubt I'd make the journey if I was in the market.

A lot saying its mint who have seen it but also the same people complimentary on condition say its not worth that.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Decent spec, it's had some money spent on it. But throwing a load of money at a car doesn't make it worth loads.

Clio 182 RB
Not another Clio price witch hunt?
Lets talk down the value of our cars some more :(
No witch hunt genuinely thought I was missing something, thought I'd ask here from what I would consider the font of knowledge regarding these cars rather than listen to the fbers.

Last edited:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I've been in that car on track and it's really well prepared.

While it may not be worth quite that much to most of us, it's certainly had the time and money put into it over the years.

It's definitely a £5k plus car, no questions asked.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini

Clio 182 RB
I'm not as familiar with the car as others in here but I am 1000% confident that Tom will have maintained it and looked after it with great care.
I'd think that of most the paying members of this group though, I just can't see the price tag being justifiable though.