ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am i missing Stub axle washer/spacer (pic)

I have just removed the rear brake discs to change them for new bearings and discs and I was expecting to see a washer/spacer behind them and there was nothing behind either side..... Nothing was stuck in the back of the disc and nothing on the stub axle, have the previous discs been installed without the washers or have they magically dissapereard ?? :/

Car is 51 phase 2 -172 (non cup)

e5817d5a.jpg

SQ5
Sure it's not on the back of the disc? When stuck on they look like part of the bearing.

Will have a chamfered hole

Unfortunately no chamfered hole :(

47be221c.jpg

I take it there is a washer behind all clio's that have rear discs and not just cup models as that is where I saw that there should be a washer behind in other threads

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Isn't it still on the hub? I'm sure that's the silver bit right on the end. This is mine after it shattered on a track day -
5b7d2c24-87f3-21a6.jpg

The spacer is right on the back... See it?

Try prying it off with a flat end screw driver

It isn't a spacer at the back you see there, it's moulded to the stub, I've tried prying it off and then cleaned it to see it is moulded,

I thought they wouldn't last two mins either without the spacer being there so I'm not sure.

I just tried putting the new disk on and if I was to tighten the hub nut up it clamps the disk too near the hub and rubs on it therefor locking it up so a spacer is definitely needed as just 1mm will bring the new disk away from the hub far enough so it doesn't rub.

I just can't figure it out how the old discs fitted and worked fine. :/

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
My axle is off the car at the moment. I'll have a look this afternoon if it looks the same for you

BlackGold 182
lol well sort of was, i removed my disc, then this bloke stopped and asked if i was throwing the disc, i said yea and he took it, was only when i got to other side i realised i forgot to take the little spacer off the disc! lol

Lionel Richie
that looks like part is stuck to the stub still, CHECK it properly, put a better pic up, looks wrong to me

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Yes.

Without the washer / spacer behind the disk the bearing will wobble when torqued up. Dont run the car without the washer / spacer in as the wobble will take out your ABS Sensor.

I have a washer if anyone needs one.

BlackGold 182
yeaa defiantly missing, i replaced mine yesterday, getting the disc off was a c**t so left the hub nut on a little bit, stuck the wheel back on and kicked the wheel from behind, soon came off lol

Mine were bit of a bugger to get the old discs off too. Managed to find a sweet spot with a crow bar and they both just popped off nicely. When they wouldnt budge I thought, oh here we go..... Bent stub axle and can't remove disk to change stub axle either but all was good! Should receive mine today and get the car back on the road :)

Now Sold :-(
Does anyone on here have a picture of the washer/spacer? Would be much appreciated as I'm confused as to what i've taken off :(

Have a look in the guides section. Fubar has posted a useful picture guide.

Step 4 middle picture has the spacer shown.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Sorry if this sounds really dumb. Car was up at BTM last week and Fred told me that I was missing spacers on the rear discs and that I also had the wrong hub nuts. Is there only one spacer on the rear disc? I'm only asking because I don't want to order the one mentioned in this thread and it turns out to be the wrong part.