ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am i too old????? Newbie

clio 182 R/B
Hi just bought a 182 in r/b superb motor, me and the wife decided to have
some fun before we really go over the hill. its a 2005 with a cup pack
Our kids are going mad, lad 19,and daughter 17 they say we are to old.
What do you guys think?
We consider it the last bite of the cherry before we have to buy a sensible car

The last sports car i owned of this nature was a xr3i and that was some motor at the time, i have also owned a westfield.
This thing is awsome,and i cant believe the performance, and that the wife likes to drive it as well.
We are only in our mid 40s, but looking on this site we at the mature end of owners.
Hope you dont mind me posting and getting involved
Regards
Tarmac rat (triumph m/bikes as well hence the user name)
cheshire

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
welcome, your never to old, my parents have just bought a blue clio 197 F1, and me mum is 46 and my dad is 50, they love it, get sum pics up

visualize whirled pe
40 odd aint old! Besides I dont think you are ever old enough to stop enjoying cars, I hope not anyway, so I doubt this will be your last performance car.
If you are into cars it sticks with you imo, can you imagine people like Jeremy Clarkson ever getting to an age where they think "you know what, cars just bore me now"

S4 Avant
nah not too old, but im 19 myself, and if i were in your sons position id be wanting to drive the 182, they're awsome :)

clio 172 sport
hi ya your not old to own a little pocket rocket my mom want one and shes in her 60s , i bet your kids want to have a go in tho lol

Welcome to the club, your not too old at all. My dads 61 & drives a clio 172. He even sports a cs sticker that I gave him in the rear window !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Welcome to Cliosport mate . Age is just a number mate . Enjoy the 182 , your kids are only jealous , lol ;)

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I'm 33 now, I just bought my 182 Cup eight months back. Glad to return to the hot hatch class.

Owned many quite a few performance vehicles beforehand. Still intend to own many more.

Welcome.:)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hi just bought a 182 in r/b superb motor, me and the wife decided to have
some fun before we really go over the hill. its a 2005 with a cup pack
Our kids are going mad, lad 19,and daughter 17 they say we are to old.
What do you guys think?
We consider it the last bite of the cherry before we have to buy a sensible car

The last sports car i owned of this nature was a xr3i and that was some motor at the time, i have also owned a westfield.
This thing is awsome,and i cant believe the performance, and that the wife likes to drive it as well.
We are only in our mid 40s, but looking on this site we at the mature end of owners.
Hope you dont mind me posting and getting involved
Regards
Tarmac rat (triumph m/bikes as well hence the user name)
cheshire

^^^^ - you have my respect already! :)

Good choice of motor. I think the RS Clios have a great mix of daily usage mixed with pace and handling.

Enjoy!

D.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
fair play to you both is all i can say! if it feels right then go for it! you have enough life experience to make the right choice. as long as youre both happy!!!

Clio 182
You'll probably find CS a bit young and naive ;) but enjoy the car, you're not too old for that!
(From a 38 year old 182 owner).

Welcome to the Mid life crisis club. There are one or two of us more mature owners. I'm 50 myself and have been through life's sensible options for cars because of the family. Now I'm loving the Clio more than ever. Make sure that your Insurance company won't let your children drive on your policy until they are 25, as mine has, as at least I get to keep the car and my son isn't borrowing it every night and weekend.

clio 182 R/B
Cheers for the response guys, im sure we will enjoy the car.
And sod the kids
great forum and great people
regards t/m :)

Blue Clio 182
Hiya.
You're never too old to enjoy sports cars.
My dad is 66 and he drives a twin turbo Capri Brooklands kicking out aroung 300bhp!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol, my old man drives my vee and smiles like a child! I'm 22 and he's 52 so a fair spread there! ha!

Enjoy!

Banana
^ Ali's old man is ledge :star:

Welcome to cliosport mate, I am a wee bit older than most on here and I've never felt out of place.

clio 197 cup
your never too old to enjoy driving a decent motor.im 49 and am fortunate to drive renaultsport cars all the time.(i work for a renault dealer)i have a 21 year old son whos just taken delivery of a 197 after 2 172 cups.
forget the age thing,just enjoy the car,and get to a few meets to meet some like minded folk.
TOO OLD,MY A**E....

STEVE

Last edited:
  RS Clio 182
Too old? Hell no.
Welcome to those that are part the 40+ RS Clio Owners Club.
Now where did I leave the car? ;)

clio 1.2 16v
your son is jelousee i am the same with my dad he has a subaru ..

i always say he is too old for it but he loves it and winds me up coz i have to dream of cars like that and he is using it on a regular basis ..

ur son is soo jelouseee and my dad is the sameee with me and cars.. and according to him ur neva tooo oldd sooo .. x

Mk1 Maxim Sport
your son is jelousee i am the same with my dad he has a subaru ..

i always say he is too old for it but he loves it and winds me up coz i have to dream of cars like that and he is using it on a regular basis ..

ur son is soo jelouseee and my dad is the sameee with me and cars.. and according to him ur neva tooo oldd sooo .. x

If ur gonna over emphasise the word jealous at least learn to flamin spell it cause thats just annoying me!