ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amendments due to made to the Clio handbook:

VW Potato
"After using the air conditioning system, a small puddle of water may form beneath the car. iT is just condensation and you do not need to be worried about it. if it's a big puddle of water, then it's likely to water from your headlight washer jets (see: 'leaking'), and that is something to worry about it."

"The sidelight bulbs can be removed in three simple steps (see fig 5.1). What these images don't show, is that you'll never get your hand into that gap and behind that light unit. In fact, anyone watching you will collapse with laughter watching you try."

"With the RenaultSport Clio, there's no need to waste money on an expensive aftermarket exhaust. After just three months, the exhaust will disintegrate and sound like a sports exhaust. This is supplied Free of Charge with your Renault, and there's nothing your dealer can do about it so don't even ask."

"Your Renault is designed with you in mind. To indicate the the engine mounts are shot, they are designed to make a loud clunk. Do not worry about the clunk noise. Worry instead whether you have any warranty left."

"For your convenience, your car has adjustable wipers. You can choose how they activate using the MF control. We say you can 'choose', but whatever you choose, the system will ignore it. This is because we have programmed the system to ignore your requests and be as irritating as humanely possible. This is because we are French."

g

172 Cup
Lol. My wipers are like the French, they only work when they want to, there really stubborn especially at night!

Golf GTI 1.8T
you missed out - "we have also left the wipers to wipe from left to right as to obstruct your vision and because we too damn lazy!"

VW Potato
yep, just found it ----> here:

"the wipers on the renault clio are incorrectly set up on cars for the British market. This is not because we have muderous intentions for you battle-winning les roast beefs, but it's part of our safety policy designed to Keep You On Your Toes in your treacherous weather conditions [see subsection 4 - 'Airbags kill']"

g

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
automatic wipers are useless in fog or drizzle! they also have a annoying habit of wiping only when its a hot day and your car if filthy when your washer bottle is empty

172 Cup
Dont worry about the auto wipers they are a right pain in the ass. Filled my water bottle up the other day for the first time and christ, i had to make four trips to get water, its like a bottomless pit! just doesnt look that big through the grille. It took me a good 5mins to find it! felt like a right idiot!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
sharkaroo said:
Dont worry about the auto wipers they are a right pain in the ass. Filled my water bottle up the other day for the first time and christ, i had to make four trips to get water, its like a bottomless pit! just doesnt look that big through the grille. It took me a good 5mins to find it! felt like a right idiot!
Mine's 2 litres, should be the same on the 172?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
The only one of the above thats affected me is the knocking noise cause of engine mounts, my car is now over 3 years old !

Scoobywhoo said:
i don't have that automatic wiper thing on my cup - it must weigh too much ??

Eh?! What do you have then? I have a 172 Cup and it has auto wipers. They are bloody horrible, don't work when its drizzling but at the same time it has no intermittent wipe, so you have to manually move the stick every ten seconds and do it yourself, hows that for progress!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
"For your convenience, your car has adjustable wipers. You can choose how they activate using the MF control. We say you can 'choose', but whatever you choose, the system will ignore it. This is because we have programmed the system to ignore your requests and be as irritating as humanely possible. This is because we are French."

g[/QUOTE]

agree 100% on that one - i bloody hate them