ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amount to charge?

Honda & VW
A lad i know who lives up my road (not a mate) is soon to be selling his Mrs' car (206 cc), he come upto me in the pub the other night and as he always see's me out doing mine, my Mrs's and my mates he said how much would i want to give the car a good going over, inside and out.

what should i charge him, i don't want to rip him off but equally if i'm spending a few hours of my Saturday i don't want to do it for sod.

How long will it take you?

And how much in materials will it cost.

If it takes 4 hours, and you charge £30, using a fivers worth of cleaning products will only earn you £6.25 an hour.

Alternatively, if you actually enjoy cleaning cars, and fancy a bit of cash in your hand then its £30 for what you usually do of a weekend.

I personally hate doing mine for me for free.

Honda & VW
How long will it take you?

And how much in materials will it cost.

If it takes 4 hours, and you charge £30, using a fivers worth of cleaning products will only earn you £6.25 an hour.

Alternatively, if you actually enjoy cleaning cars, and fancy a bit of cash in your hand then its £30 for what you usually do of a weekend.

I personally hate doing mine for me for free.

between 2-4 hours depending what he wants, i see your point about the hourly rate, i'd not get out of bed for that ;)
it is something i'd do on a weekend anyway yes but thats normally my own or the mrs', when its someone elses thats different.

i want to make it worth my while but at the same time not rip him off as he is mates with a mate of mine

I mean PICS if you get me ;)

Haha, what the guy above said. He won't be expecting a full detail on the car, just a good wash and clean, just what valeters would do. I'm sure he'll be impressed with the results whatever you do, he's selling it anyway!

well if he is asking you either he is lazy or aint got a clue so a good clean 2hrs later £30 your onto a winner.

clio 172
yeh 50 pounds is pritty good.if you was going to porta cable it then around 70 90 pounds mark tbh.

have fun you mite find money under the seats its magic money if you shut your eyes it flys into your pocket lol

£50 thats crazy a valet is cheaper than that, am sure he will say no to that he is selling it he will want a cheap price.

the thing is he is selling so he wont care a valet is £40 and good enough to make him sell so why pay £50

Mini Cooper S
206 man lives on the same road, sees how well his neighbour cleans his car. For his £50 he gets a car friend and doesn't have to drive it to the valet place. win win situation.

by all means try £50 if he pays bonus but also a mug he must be stupid i mean its not that hard to wash a car.

Mini Cooper S
For me to wash inside and out, then polish and wax etc.. would take approx 3/4 hours. How is £50 expensive?

£50 is expensive beacuse if he nows how to do it then spending £50 is crazy, i mean yeah he must like how Yellowbelly does his. A valet can do it for £40 so why will he want to pay an extra tenner. I no a valet will use a powerwasher which you shouldnt but he doesnt have to worry he is selling it. Plus if he is selling it but still driving it then £50 is a waste as it will just get dirty again.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Charge him £30. Better to be too cheap than too expensive because atleast then you'll get the work. £30 cash for a few hours easy work is fine in my eyes

I've done my neighbours a few times, they usually give me a crate and £20. Quite happy tbh.

I doubt I'd charge a neighbour £50 to wash a car.

£30 get in the good books then when he gets the new car asks you to wash it ask he wants abit extra and charge £40.

Honda & VW
decided to tell him £30, like others have said next time he wants a good clean he'll ask me again rather than think blimey he's expensive

A3 Tdi
What about writing it down on a little list with a brief explanation of each process.

E.G. Wash, polish and wax - to enhance shine and give protection - £30

And so on..

Honda & VW
Well still haven't done the car in question however i finally worked on my mates car on Saturday as said mate was on a stag do so dropped the car off and had been pestering me about doing it for weeks.

Spent a good 4 hours on it - his interior was absolutely filthy and his wheels where in a right state therefor i spend nearly 2 hours on this alone.

long story short he popped round last night with £35 and nice bottle of wine which i know is about £8 so i'm dead chuffed.

He was over the moon with my work hence the extra £5 and wine even though i said £30 originally. Fairplay to him he realised how much effort i must have put in to get his wheels/interor and exhaust looking the way i did due to their original state.

Once i get my rotary i can give his paintwork a good going over as like most parts of his car its in a bad state, managed to remove a few marks/scratches by hand.

He now wants me to do this every other month for him which i happily agreed to doing, he's happy and i'm happy so win win situation all round!

Always nice when that happens. Gent who's Porsche I did a few weeks back before his road trip to Le Mans brought over cash for the detail (fairly large sum, relatively) and a really nice bottle of white. Bonus I thought!

He brought the car back over the day before he left with another bottle and asked if I could give it a once over :) Happy to obligue with clients like that.

Nimbus Megane R26
£30 imo. If he aint a c*nt he'll give you more.

When JD did mine i could see how much hard work he did so i gave him abit more and got down on my knees like a true b1tch. lol

£30 imo. If he aint a c*nt he'll give you more.

When JD did mine i could see how much hard work he did so i gave him abit more and got down on my knees like a true b1tch. lol

I heard your car needs doing again . . . ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Im charging a mate £30-40 for wash, clay, stage 2 and 3 paint correction, coat of poorboys nattys blue wax, wheels sealed, exhausts polished, glass polished, tyres dressed etc

But that is mates rates ;)

Black Clio GT
i do a few neibours cars for 30 quid once a month, if you put the effort in the first time its easyer to clean the next and if you seem to have put the effort in then you get repeat buisness....
i enjoy doing it so not so bothered about the cash in my back pocket but the extra few quid i make means it costs nothin in products to keep my car in tip top condition.....

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Im charging £30 for a clean in & out. Thats a full pre wash,de tar,snow foam,2bm,towel dry etc.