ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp Location

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I've been given a stealth shelf with some beefy ass 5 X 10's in it all mounted with crossovers etc, I have a good amp which im planning to use to run them, I want to keep the amp out of the way, as i have to use the boot often (the shelf has a nice easy clip to disconnect Amp from speakers) I was planning on putting the amp under the passenger seat is ventilation and issue or should I put it in a more open area?

Cheers for that link, But I quite often have to fold the seats down to slide things in and out so really wanted it to be out of the boot area,

Monaro VXR
Could build a false floor and put the amps under there but gonna mean a lot of extra weight :/

Or could try building it into the side above the wheel well.

Only other place would be under the front seats maybe?

I put my 3 phds under a false floor it was a bit of a tight squeeze with all that jammed in however the floor itslef was easy to build. Make sure you put a couple of fans wired off a relay if you do though. You dont want them overheating

under drivers seat is an option however the bump under the seat might be a pain depending on the size of the amp.

screwing it down might be tricky too

1.2 16v clio
you could mount it on the under side of the parcel shelf is there is enough room cos then it all goes when u take the shelf out.

only down side to that would be cooling. Amps are designed to be mounted the right way up hence why the heasinks are on the top

172 mk2 Iceberg
stick it under the seat..Unless your blassting it all the time it wont get hot.If its a good amp it will just turn off if its too hot.

Yeah I think i will just put it under the seat, its only a small amp and some sticky velcro on the underside should keep it in place. No room on the shelf its got 2 dirty great crossovers on it