ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp not working help!

Modified Clio 1.2
Ok, I have a Kenwood KAC 7252 amp, which is supposed to be powering 2 pioneer 306C subs. Now I took a crack at wiring it up today, but its not even coming on :S

I attempted to draw a diagram of how iv'e done it but my s**t pc wouldnt let me save it.

The Batt terminal on the amp: I have connected the thick blue power cable to this, and run it to the + of the car battery. ( Iv'e also instered a fuse in the fuseholder on this cable)

The GND terminal on the amp: I have connected the meter long clear cable to this, however I do not know where to put the other end of the cable, so it's currently touching metal.

P.Con terminal on the amp: I have connected the thin blue wire to this. This is then connected to a blue/white cable coming from the back of the head unit.

Then there is the Speaker Output terminals. I have matched these up with their pairs on the subs.

There is a Speaker Level Input slot, which iv'e insered the collection of black and gray wires which came with the amp, however I am unsure what to do with these :S

I have put the Line In cables into the Line In terminals on the amp, and the other end of this cable to the Line Out terminals on the head unit.

For some reason the amp is not coming on, does anyone know what might be the problem or what I have done wrong?

Thanks!!!

BMW M135i
The GND cable needs to be grounded to the chassis, somewhere with good metal to metal contact no paint.
I've used the isofix bolts in the boot for mine, but depending on what mk your clio is you might have to find somewhere else.
Disconnected the speaker level input as you don't need them, the reason its not coming on is because it hasn't got a ground so its open circuit, everything else looks right.

If you need anymore help just post it up, can get pictures of what i've done to explain if needed.

Polo + Micra
leave out the speaker level cables you don't need them or want them touching anything either.

yeah sounds like you need to ground it properly. if that still don't work check to make sure you've got 12v on the remote

Modified Clio 1.2
Thanks alot guys, it was the grounding :) Only thing is, the end of my ground cable (the ring) is too small to fit in the isofix bolt bit. But at least thats the problem solved, thanks again yous have saved me alot of hassle :)

BMW M135i
I've just used the isofix bolt to clamp the ground ring down, would need a bloody big terminal to fit the bolt through because its quite a big bolt.

Milano Premier CTR
i grounded my amp on a nut which holds the rear lights in, seems to do a good job, just undo the thing holding the carpet to the panel and undo the nut amd clamp the terminal thing on.:cool: