ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp problem

Right, theres maybe a simple explanation to this...

the power light on my amp is constantly on despite the amp being off from the remote, so when the ignition is off and the keys out of the car, the amp light stays on even tho I here the bump noise that lets me know the amp is off??

am I missing somethin? the amp is a magnat xcite 560

Ive checked and double checked all the wiring, all seems correct! its just really bugging me lol

Polo + Micra

if it aint draining your battery then it must just be a small fault on the power led

thats the thing, ive not left it on to test if it drains the battery, dont have a charger in the garage :oops:

the only way to make the light go off is to remove the amp fuse, maybe this particular model of amp is meant to have a led thats permanently lit, but its not mentioned in the manual

Polo + Micra

yeah it does seem very stange because it should only come on when the amp it on:confused:

how long have you left it to see if it goes off?

good question...

maybe its part of the amps built in prtection that when you switch off, it actually powers off really slowly thus leaving the power led to fade off in time, only explanation i have right now

longest ive had the amp on for, not playing anything thru it just on is about 3 hours, and there didnt seem to have been any drain as the car started fine

bit of a strange one this...