ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

An Idea for Cold Air Feed - Clio 16v

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Ive just been thinking - what about getting some of those "cool-louvres" stamped into the front corner (passenger side) of the bonnet, where the induction Kit sits?? Surely this would be a good idea to get Cold Air circulating around the Filter??

Any reasons why this wouldnt work??

Was also considering a small scoop moulded into bonnet like an Astra GSI one - as its the right size and shape to get air into the Air Filter??!???

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Yeah i know - ive actually got a Detailed model one sat here on my desk - ive often thought about it - but the vent they had was Huge!!

Anyway, a lot of people are saying how an induction kit doesnt work on the 16v Clio - but they must have used something similar on the Rally car, as it had that huge vent - So it MUST be better then a standard air box - as long as it has cold air going to it?? Im thinking about just going and getting it done - it only costs £5 per stamp!! I might get 3 of them, all on top and infront of where the induction kit goes!

I have thought about doing it myself but I dont want anything big and ugly. Not sure how it will clash against the orginal vent too...

BMW 320d Sport

Im pretty sure the maxi clio took its air down a sealed induction tract from the back edge (n/s) of the bonnet up above the coolant tank. This led to an airbox, not an induction kit. The front n/s vents must have been for something else - maybe to give a less restricted air intake for venting through the normal vent above the exhaust manifold.

thought about it myself before my bonnet went in. Id have cut outs to let air in but another vent could look a bit ott tho

Ok, i only have a standard clio, but the fronts are virtually the same. Why dont you run a lite metal pipe from the front vent.

Go striaght for a bit, say about 10-20 cms, then go up at 45 degrees and then weave it through your engine until you get to your induction kit. You may want to insulate it aswell.

I havent done this myself, but thats what i am planning when i get an induction kit.

paul

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

What about a small flap cut out of the bonnet (professionally done) with an in car button, that lifts it up when you press it - so that if its dry, or something - you can just pop it open to give a nice cool air inlet straight into the filter?!? May look odd, but i reckon itd be well effective - youd only use it when you started picking up speed - a bit like the Porsche Rear wing that opens up after a certain speed to let air into the engine...

This is just a crazy idea, so dont laugh too hard!!

Hey thats a cool idea...get it cool...oh i give up.

Same as above, but this time have a vent cut into the bonnet, and have a small scoop on it. When i say small, i do mean small, not scooby size. Anyway have your sliding vent idea on it. I always like lots of buttons in my car. I also like ones that when you press them they light up. So i reckon thats a good idea, and something i will look into when i get induction fitted.

paul

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Well im sure if enough people put their heads together - there would be an easy way to get it to work?!? It would just need a popper under it or something that when you pressed the button, opened it, then closed when you pressed it again - im really keen on the idea, but again - it could look a bit weird, but only when opened up?? I was thinking small scoop like - Astra GSI one? Theyre small??

You do get colder denser air from the front of the car though, but i should think it would be cold enough on top of the bonnet.

paul

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Well yeah the flap would be directing air straight down to the Filter - so the cold air rushing over the bonnet, would be directed straight down!

Yeah, thats what i was thinking. But how do you do the little hatch your going to have to have? anyone?

paul

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Well, - first of all is to modify the bonnet, it would need to be done really well so that when the flap is down - its not obvious its even there....

Then under it - you would have a sort of Hydraulic Pillar, that when activated - lifts the flap up, so almost like the Ferrari/Porsche headlight mechanism, - you must know the one im talking about? Anyway - that sort of idea, with an in car switch - it cant be that hard to do surely????

I was thinking of just having the scoop there, then underneath it have the flap. Thus you can close it when its raining really badly. So there is no need to have a clever snug fitting fitment.

paul

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Yeah that could be a good idea - just depends how ugly it looks with a big scoop there? I think it would look good though!!!