ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

And Clio No.5 lands!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Just bought and collected it last night

quite excited as back in the day this was the car that I wanted and really got me into how mark 1's can and should look!

the pictures from the beach were how I always wanted my first 16v to be, and it never was!

although its slightly different now....!lol!!!

plans are, fit full 172 wiring to it, clocks and everything and fit seats from GTT to it, then hit the track next year :)

big thanks to Danny for passing the baton on to me, he's owned JWC for slightly longer than I've had GTT so I know how hard it must be to pass a much loved mk1 on!

this does mean I now have 5 clios.............anyone need one?! loooool!!!!

how I always remember it:

euro3fj5_zps5ef2ee1c.jpg

how it is now:

Red1_zps0dd5ba7c.jpg

Red4_zps8eaae1ac.jpg

Red3_zps728c938b.jpg

Red5_zpsf99c030c.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I saw this and thought!

I also didn't realise it was the same car, even though the plate looked familiar!

Good buy, I remember looking at this thinking I could tweak it a little bit and make it mint. Please keep it standard looking and on silver turbines! Personally I'd stick the ph1 blue/yellow interior in it - ALWAYS wanted a red ph1 even when I was buying my Naples!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I couldn't say no to this one, emotional ties to it so had to own it :)

It needs work but will be well specified and beautiful when done.

But sorry daz,its remaining in this guise as a track car.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Actually I forgot it had a cage so scrap the interior but keep the wheels! You ruin all my fav cars! ;)

S4 Avant
I'm sure there isn't enough space for all these cars?!

What are you doing to GTT though? That's my main concern!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I do like the bines, however unfortunately Daz I've given them away to pay for getting the car collected for me and renting a garage to put it in for a couple of months.

its getting the willy wheels off the RB for now, then we'll see, probably back on the superlegs for track work :)

Dave - fear not, GTT will live on, its just going on the back burner for a while, I've had 7 years of it just about and time for a break and a rethink on direction for the old jalopy. it'll be back in 18 months to two years I reckon, long term restoration plan. it will no longer be used as a track vehicle either, its going to be fast road and full interior spec. LSD, forged, standalone and more boost.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
don't worry your majesty, i'll look after it, provided it doesn't rot away on the drive over the winter ;)

Megane r26
Phewwwww for a moment I thought GTT was going to be up for sale or even worse used as a donor, that would be a crime against clio humanity! New car looks great by the way ;)

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Is that the same mk1 that was planned to be supercharged. Or am I thinking of different one.
Gotta be a weapon none the less.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Ai, Danny was going to slap an Eaton on it before his circumstances changed!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
its hopefully going to look pretty mean once done as well :)

grey clio I bought the other week is sold and going tomorrow and parts are steadily selling from the black 182, so free cash to get the red one running :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I remember that well, pinstriping in the boot for the win!lol!

its now clio number 4 however, the grey car (WDY) is sold