ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

and so it begins.....

Lionel Richie
its getting better
20120520_200455.jpg

Lionel Richie
Might've set the brakes on fire yesterday :evil:

needs new front tyres though, these 9 year old ones are cracked and i can see the cords, its a bit unstable at silly speed when cornering because of it

Luckily Michelin have started making the correct size again :D (shame about the price :()

Lionel Richie
Might pop down to see my painter this week and get a quote just for fun, needs a new bonnet, we might get away with just painting bits, but i think the entire car would need painting apart from the roof and boot lid to get the paint to match right, but saying that it does have lots of joins in the panels, so blends might be able to be hidden easier - Gally?? Opinions?

172cup
you should see the front bumper, bonnet, wings and headlights LOL stone chip's the size of 10p coins :(

that's the difference of using it for fun or for show, dont get a new paint job unless you're getting back to stock and making it your garaged/weekend car.
get a wrap instead!

53 Clio's & counting
Id not bother painting it fred, it will only gets scratched when it goes back into hibernation in a week or so :rasp:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Holy s**t! It looked nothing like that last time I saw it.

Good work mate.

WRX
After I saw it the other day, I reckon it's a photoshop. It was that dusty reminded me of that Kittyhawk found in the desert!
Love it tho.;)

Evo 5 RS
Might pop down to see my painter this week and get a quote just for fun, needs a new bonnet, we might get away with just painting bits, but i think the entire car would need painting apart from the roof and boot lid to get the paint to match right, but saying that it does have lots of joins in the panels, so blends might be able to be hidden easier - Gally?? Opinions?

If you're going to do most of the car get it done in something pimping like candy apple ;)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I saw it today, it looked very clean compared to how it was in garage before. And both sides are clean ;)

Lionel Richie
so a quick phone call to my mate @ Flawless Finishes and he came round and had a look at the old girl

John from Flawless is a 100% geek polisher, 3 days so far and he's done about half the car LOL!

he did this mk1 golf that won best of show at SEMA in Vegas!
eurp-1202-09+best-sema-2011+1981-mk1.jpg

601415_391230037595946_330198157032468_1155074_1009905971_n.jpg

579435_391914364194180_246724154_n.jpg

282637_391689177550032_330198157032468_1156214_1593925227_n.jpg

maybe doesn't need repainting afterall!

Lionel Richie
UPDATE!

As some of you know i blew the gearbox to bits in october 2012 (20mph, 3rd gear going slowly - BANG) and the car has been sat in the corner of the workshop collecting dust (s**t loads of dust!)

well today the search for a new gearbox was over! I managed to find a NEW PK6012 (that's a phs1 V6 230 box in english) that had been sat in a warehouse for 7+years, i put in an offer and the deal was done!

I've pulled apart the new box (wrong ratios for the 255) and i'm slowly putting the PK6017 internals into the new box!

So hopefully it'll back on the road in the next few days :D