ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

and so it begins.....

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Any updates Fred? I'm interested in this ocnversion. Have you changed the engine management to Motech or autronic or the like? What about the cats and exhaust and cams etc?

Lionel Richie
we're using OMEX, and we're ONLY fitting TB's for now, everything else is remaining standard, we want to know how much power we gain from just TB's

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Is the kit finished? Your website has had the kit on show for a while but out of stock? I want one of these kits...

Lionel Richie
yeah its been finished for ages! the manifolds are made to order

we're just putting together the hardware (throttle cable, brakets etc)

Lionel Richie
cable mate

TB's i'm not actually sure on as his lordship ordered them! (they're more than likley tapered SF's)

CTR--VX220D
I was speaking to Yoz about this.... He wanted to do the TB's std too see what BHP they got alone.... even with the cats installed.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Had a guy come in on Friday with one of the TWR development V6's running a Delorto triple pack. Car was actually a 1.6 16v and had been used to develop the later V6 clio,s ( had a mk2 front end ) apparently you've seen the car ??

Lionel Richie
yep, its got nothing to do with TRW, the shell is an early prototype TRW shell, but thats it

it was pieced together by a guy called tim (it has mk1 panels and mk2 front lights with a mk1 front bumper, so looks a bit wrong)

brand new engine and box

BUT

6 x 38mm delortos all done by Tim, nice install, but way way underpowered the last i heard of it

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
:s ok i know it will be a quick V6 as they are informasly slow stock.
BUT it doesnt shout out wow to me, i feel it will only make it as fast as what imo a v6 clio should be coming from the factory. 300bhp in a RWD car is nothing special these days, get it to around 400bhp and youll get some real wow factor

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
nothing to do with jon infact i dont think ive ever one discussed this with him.

this isnt a dig at yozzasport at all , more at renault, for producing a bit of a poo V6 lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
but "jonnyboy" has nothing to do with it at all , any issues between yourself and jon are nothing to do with me.
just voicing my opinions on the car.

and fred how much do yozzasport charge for a exhaust and fitting?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i know you didnt, but who ever did has had some right fun with the saw lol,

i have a janspeed de-cat and id like to keep my back box dependent on what you guys have, id just need a new centre section etc etc ? need it to be as cheap as poss really as money is aimed at other things

MERCEDES CLS AMG
If Renault had of dropped this lump, or a more up to date version of it in the Clio V6 i think they would have created a legendary motor. The engine is the Z7U 730 lump from the GTA which goes back to the mid 80's. It developed 250 BHP in standard trim and is more than capable of 300 bhp with a few tweaks. The GTA also used the infamous UN1 gearbox which was bullet proof - not like the terrible PK6 box which is fitted to the Clio.

rich_twin_turbo.jpg

the only V6 discussion we had was:

Laura: "I want a V6 next..."

Me: "Don't bother, it's a 172/182 with a bodykit and a Laguna engine"

It's fair to say it's pretty common knowledge that they are underpowered and handling is slightly on the suspect side, but hey, they look good and are slow enough to make sure that everyone will see you driving it ;)

Freddy, if you can get Laura's backbox to fit into the bumper and make a suitable center section for a good price I'll prolly have a cat back off you as well. My powerflow doesn't follow the exhaust path and hangs down like a pair of 90 year old sagging breats... I've got something pretty specific in mind for the back box style though and it has to be at least as quiet as my current system.

... and very special they are too ;) shh though, need to keep that on the DL ;)

Fred, PM me Yoz's number dude, i've not got it on the new phone

Lionel Richie
yeah OMEX finally decided to send me my ecu (its only taken them nearly 3months! they got flooded halfway through that 3month period, so i'll let them off a wee bit)

so the car is finally going off to be mapped when i return from sweden, as it has to be ready and reliable for Spa