ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Hi Guys,

I managed to get my hands on a RB 182 Cup Pack over the weekend after much looking & debating. The car in question was brought from another Forum member.

First impressions of the car are good! Expectations are always high when there are so many good examples out there. Generally pleased with what I got & the future plans for it over the winter month's & early next year, Mean it can only get better... (Excuse the pun!)

Bad points :
No MOT
Small crack in lower front bumper
Headlights need cleaning
Rear ABS sensor needs replacing
Passenger window regulator need replacing

The current spec as follows :
Cup Pack all the usual comforts'
Eibach springs,
Ktec ultra exhaust
RS tuner map
15" OZ F1 alloys
ITG Panel filter
OMP Boss

Future plans :
New steering wheel
Sparco or Corbeau Buckets
Brembo Discs & Pads
Interior repaint
Full Cage
Wheel refurb & New tyres

So here it is, all I have done is remove the interior & plastics and repainted one or two cosmetic items. I have sold the steering wheel already and looking for a race wheel now. Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

image_zps6nb4mme9.jpg

image_zps0ewh8ztt.jpg

image_zpsosfspmhx.jpg

Thanks
Andrew

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
I never really thought about selling them, Do you have anything in exchange wheel wise?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Ahaha good luck with the project :) let me know if you do decide to sell on as very interested ;)

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Another update..

After a couple of hours driving up & around the country on Friday evening I managed to get all the parts I needed from other members for a weekend of fun fun fun'

Spent all day Saturday in the car changing bits & removing the old items no longer needed.

Started the morning by removing the old, dodgy steering wheel & replacing with a Dished 350mm OMP one.
image_zpsk7hbavvc.jpg

image_zps6unrsn7h.jpg

image_zps43dusfje.jpg

Moved the car into the lock-up to start the headlights & remove the seats. Just in time to avoid the lovely rain!
image_zpsbyfuzjj2.jpg

Finally decided to start the long process of headlight restoring, these were in a awful state! Will finish them Sunday hopefully.
image_zpsbdqdmzpp.jpg

Finally a rather amusing image of it parked next to a friends daily! The size difference is unreal..
image_zps5ffaogep.jpg

More updates later today' C&C Welcome.

Bloody hell, it changes hands again.

I owned this about 4 owners ago, and know the 3 people who had it before me. Was a great little car.

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Guys,

This is more of a question than a update!

I've been looking on the net at Clio 182 RB on TD 1.2s either in black or anthracite. I have taken quite a liken to them,

I currently have it sat on a set of Matt black OZ F1's with the white writing..

Now, Do I sell/swap these for a set of TD 1.2s? Whats peoples thoughts on this?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Guys,

This is more of a question than a update!

I've been looking on the net at Clio 182 RB on TD 1.2s either in black or anthracite. I have taken quite a liken to them,

I currently have it sat on a set of Matt black OZ F1's with the white writing..

Now, Do I sell/swap these for a set of TD 1.2s? Whats peoples thoughts on this?
No no no nothing looks better on a clio than oem renault alloys. Well maybe 2118s but they should of been oem lol

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
IMG_0362.JPG
IMG_0373.JPG
IMG_0374.JPG
IMG_0375.JPG
IMG_0376.JPG
IMG_4380.JPG
IMG_4387.JPG
IMG_4388.JPG
IMG_4390.JPG
IMG_0362.JPG
Another update,

Spent last weekend Painting - Stripping - Fixing..

Firstly completed the upper front grille, I managed to get it off and after some preparation painted it Matt Black, Along with the badge & side bullets.

The other chunk of updates come in seat form' After I managed to finally strip all the interior out I went on a hunt for the perfect bucket seats..

Came across this pair of Brand New Motamec Seats online. So the following evening, drove to Bristol to collect them! Bargain too!

I'm now sorting a roll cage out & its booked in for a interior repaint early November, Which I cannot wait for'

On more of a sad note, It has developed one or two problems firstly being a lumpy misfire & a 'Eggy' Sulphur smell on idle. I've been searching on the forum regarding what this could be, Fairly sure its the Cat & Plugs/Leads/Coilpack. I shall order this parts soon to hopefully cure sicknote Clio.

More updates this weekend!

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Haven't updated this in a while..

Here is a quick update of its current state & plans over the festive season, The car is currently fully stripped out now with all sound deadening removed.

Both seats are bolted in for trial fitment, I also managed to get my hands on a flocked Momo team 280. Which imo is the ideal size!

Managed to fit the UltraLight Doorcards too, Which are great! I need to get some door pulls & handle spacers ordered tho,

The car is officially booked in early January for a interior repaint, So between now and then I shall order a roll cage too.

Oh and the misfire is solved, Faulty injector! Thanks to @dann2707 for highlighting that for me, Whilst these were out, I managed to clean up the bay and painted the inlets black & add some carbon bits.

Anyways, Here are some terrible images of it, I will have it outside next week for proper images at least!

IMG_20161203_193958721.jpg
IMG_20161203_194009627.jpg
IMG_20161203_193909290.jpg
IMG_20161203_194031899.jpg

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Another quick update from this weekend. First time I touched it since early November...

Spent yesterday restoring the headlights with the 3M kit I'm really pleased with the results tbh. I also managed to get the front back together too.

Today I concentrated on the interior finally fitted the Door pulls from Motamec and removed some more wiring.

IMG_20170108_173330.jpg
IMG_20170108_162616.jpg
IMG_20170108_173533.jpg
IMG_20170107_144257.jpg
IMG_20170108_152006.jpg
IMG_20170108_173252.jpg
IMG_20170108_173454.jpg
IMG_20170108_173701.jpg

Thanks for Looking

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
This has't been updated in a while,

So the car is currently over at 'Beaniesport' in Milton Keynes. They've had it there for around 2 weeks now.

The main reason for having it there, was to complete some of the task I couldn't tackle on my own. Such as Brakes, Supsension etc..

Aswell as fitting these parts, they will also have the car road worthy again and have it MOT'd for me upon completion.

This week I took delivery of the battery cover from the GB. I managed to fit the carbon fibre dash trim too, looks really good imo.

IMG_6329.jpg
IMG_6331.jpg
IMG_20170203_161948.jpg
IMG_20170203_231241.jpg
IMG_20170213_124837_2.jpg
IMG_20170213_125031.jpg

More pictures at the weekend, This is all I've been sent so far..

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
What is Beaniesport like? I have heard some good things, i understand they are busy. Haven't had much of a response when i asked about doing some work on my car :(

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
What is Beaniesport like? I have heard some good things, i understand they are busy. Haven't had much of a response when i asked about doing some work on my car 😧

Great so far mate, Had one intial meeting with Chris, Since then I've had daily/weekly texts & pictures of the progress.. Do you have his mobile mate? I can PM the details if you like?

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
@imprezaworks Thank you, But its not anywhere near as good condition as yours..

Just got another snap of how the car sits now the coilovers are on, They are still settling. Will get better pictures myself on Saturday.

I know the wheels are in desperate need of a refurb.. Shocking condition!

IMG_6341.jpg

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Thanks mate. Certainly are, right place. Right time helps!

Just got back from visiting Chris at Beaniesport to see what work has been done.

Lots! Should be through an MOT in 2 Weeks time, but here are some pictures for now.

IMG_20170218_130326.jpg
IMG_20170218_130301.jpg
IMG_20170218_130308.jpg
IMG_20170218_130344.jpg

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Chris is a top bloke, my go to guy nowadays.

Car is looking good mate, be good to get it MOT'd and on the road / track!

Thanks mate! Yeah totally agree, His wealth of knowledge is impressive.

From what he told me at the weekend, were looking at end of March/April time to be finished and on the road, you down there anytime soon?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate! Yeah totally agree, His wealth of knowledge is impressive.

From what he told me at the weekend, were looking at end of March/April time to be finished and on the road, you down there anytime soon?

Hopefully not for a little while at least haha!

I was with Chris at bedford for a track day a few week's ago so will probably be doing something similar in the next couple of months!
Will let you know...

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Great so far mate, Had one intial meeting with Chris, Since then I've had daily/weekly texts & pictures of the progress.. Do you have his mobile mate? I can PM the details if you like?

You can do, but it its the number i found on his website then i have it lol. I will have to give him a call later.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
You can do, but it its the number i found on his website then i have it lol. I will have to give him a call later.

That is his number, if you have Whatsapp you can always send him a message on that and he will get back.

He was on paternity recently depending on when you last tried.