ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andy’s Trophy #151

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
I didn’t really appreciate how great these cars were when I bought my BG 2 years ago.

After a search for the right car I’m very happy to be the new owner of #151.
Many thanks especially to Chris and his family who made me very welcome after my long journey up from Bournemouth and all the other previous custodians who have kept this very original low mileage car in fantastic condition.
I have a few plans for the car which are mainly to refurb the Sachs ,paint correction and underbody corrosion protection for the future.
Cheers Andy.

sennaalbronda

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 ph1
I didn’t really appreciate how great these cars were when I bought my BG 2 years ago.

After a search for the right car I’m very happy to be the new owner of #151.
Many thanks especially to Chris and his family who made me very welcome after my long journey up from Bournemouth and all the other previous custodians who have kept this very original low mileage car in fantastic condition.
I have a few plans for the car which are mainly to refurb the Sachs ,paint correction and underbody corrosion protection for the future.
Cheers Andy.
Im looking forward to this.
Spoil us with pics!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Well here we go!
The wife reeled me in for gardening duties yesterday so today I set to it.
Full interior detail, new Renaultsport mats, snappy steering wheel and a set of 172 cup wheels which with the greater offset fill the arches a bit better. Going to get the clay bar out tomorrow and decontaminate the paintwork.
910C833E-9AA4-421B-B4DF-2A3F1EA47F26.jpeg
9401E079-1173-4889-BBD1-C6685F0886B2.jpeg
BC5F64F7-C094-43A6-85BE-A1A7F3BA1F91.jpeg
6EF16DD6-A1C3-41AE-B004-DF46F614B100.jpeg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member

dave120

ClioSport Club Member
They’re standard cast Turinis with a higher offset.
Cool.The reason I thought that was that I was watching Harry Metcalfe’s old review of his Trophy the other day and he specifically mentions that the wheels are lighter than standard. He must mean lighter than standard 182 wheels.

sennaalbronda

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 ph1
Yeah that’s exactly what he means. Although, not sure how much lighter a Turini is than an oem 182 wheels.
Standard 16's weigh about 9.5KG each where as turinis come in at 8.8KG

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great without but don't believe the hype, they are easy to use and if your using fairly fine compound on a random orbital to practice it's very hard to burn through the clear coat - would take a long time to remove any swirls but good practice before using anything more dangerous.

Headphones on, it's a very therapeutic way to spend a few warm evenings on!

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great without but don't believe the hype, they are easy to use and if your using fairly fine compound on a random orbital to practice it's very hard to burn through the clear coat - would take a long time to remove any swirls but good practice before using anything more dangerous.

Headphones on, it's a very therapeutic way to spend a few warm evenings on!
Thanks for that. Yes there are a few areas I can’t sort by hand and as 90% of the car is so good I might get one.

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
I managed a sneaky couple of hours earlier to clean up the engine bay and fitted a new OEM expansion bottle and bonnet catch.
As I’ve said before this car has been well loved so I’m very pleased with the results.
I know its not for the purists but I have never liked the Trophy/cup naked engine thing so I’ve put a cover on.
Suspension swap over the weekend.
10AE409C-5A11-4A8D-AAAC-7A64A16A2A2F.jpeg
F95D4AE7-E2C0-4D7E-8BD1-37E8E2EF5B40.jpeg

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Had some time over the weekend to fit the new Brembo discs and pads the previous owner gave me with the car.
I have always liked the look of red brakes on a red car so I took the callipers and brackets off, gave them a really good clean and sprayed them up.
4A557A67-7D12-4B4A-99E6-CB700D40D032.jpeg
AA23C74B-927F-4027-AD26-CDAA31A835D5.jpeg

Next job when we eventually get a summer is to jack her up, remove all the arch liners, jet wash the underside and coat with the Lanoguard which worked well on the BG.