ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

angelworks

rs inlets are better, and are larger throughout, so you cannot modify them in exactly the same way as the non RS ones, even with the same program they will come out difference as material placement is different.

We are writing a new program to see if we can improove the RS manifolds a touch more.

However, 182's which do gain the most seem to have apalling plenums, especially the trophy cars which.

Audi TT 225
HA Ive paid over 3 times that for sod all difference and no performance mods either so think yourself lucky!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
rs inlets are better, and are larger throughout, so you cannot modify them in exactly the same way as the non RS ones, even with the same program they will come out difference as material placement is different.

We are writing a new program to see if we can improove the RS manifolds a touch more.

However, 182's which do gain the most seem to have apalling plenums, especially the trophy cars which.

Interseting. My 172 Cup had an RS inlet, and my 182 does too! Were they just fitted randomly?

ph1 172...a red one
I thought Angelworks offered a full refund if you weren't happy with the inlet work, seem to recall seeing that in a thread when first anounced???

A manifold and remap doesnt quite come in at the same budget as cams/labour and a remap, so its not something i would advise. Trying to swap a sale from £500 to £1600 isnt very polite imo.

I was talking total costs, ie sports cat, exhaust, inlets etc etc, but yeah, £500 to £1600 is plain cheeky.

still though, for all the people that rave on about inlets it will be the remap that actually made the difference I'd have thought. What happened to before and after RR's, all it would take is for each one you do to power run them before and after inlets alone and see what it actually does on it's own. Do it to sat 5-10 cars then you have some concrete proof to say "it does blah blah blah" as I think the misconception at the moment is that it will make this big obvious difference, but as you said in the past, some will and are better than others.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
My theroy is it all helps. Its not like a turbo. On my old punto turbo i wacked in a now fueling chip and gated bleed.....! Around 40 bhp for £400. Difference was instant. 10bhp you'd be hard pushed to tell tbh

S2000
Jesus, am I the only one getting sick of the same points being made over and over about these inlet manifolds? Its fair enough the point being made from the thread starter but there seem to have been loads of these sort of threads recently either for/against them and it always turns into the same argument. From what has been said in them it is pretty clear that in some cases good gains can be had but as someone said it will vary greatly depending upon how good the inlet was initially. The other thing is that there is no point in arguing about it without before and after figures imo as some people notice pretty small power differences it seems (or at least claim to), whilst others won't notice it. It does appear that a lot of people seem to expect the car to be totally transformed from this one mod but in reality without spending money on cams, tb's etc etc you won't get a mind blowing difference. It also pisses me off a bit the way a couple of members seem to be so against angelworks and try to say they are s**t at every single oportunity. I know the reasons that these two have for this it and whilst they are valid enough reasons these two seem to hyjack EVERY thread about angelworks and its ruining some otherwise decent threads imo.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Knows. I was waiting for a certain racing blue 182 owner also ;)

Last edited:
  Renaultsport 220T
The Janspeed sports cat is known to be restrictive. I know of two Janspeed owners that have had them replaced with decat's. The rest of the system is good though.

Jesus, am I the only one getting sick of the same points being made over and over about these inlet manifolds? Its fair enough the point being made from the thread starter but there seem to have been loads of these sort of threads recently either for/against them and it always turns into the same argument. From what has been said in them it is pretty clear that in some cases good gains can be had but as someone said it will vary greatly depending upon how good the inlet was initially. The other thing is that there is no point in arguing about it without before and after figures imo as some people notice pretty small power differences it seems (or at least claim to), whilst others won't notice it. It does appear that a lot of people seem to expect the car to be totally transformed from this one mod but in reality without spending money on cams, tb's etc etc you won't get a mind blowing difference. It also pisses me off a bit the way a couple of members seem to be so against angelworks and try to say they are s**t at every single oportunity. I know the reasons that these two have for this it and whilst they are valid enough reasons these two seem to hyjack EVERY thread about angelworks and its ruining some otherwise decent threads imo.

Someone stopped your Prozac supply?

Who's said anywhere that AWT are s**t? Ben's a very talented lad and knows his s**t, I've never said otherwise. But having paid him money to do a simple job of installing some cams, verniers, group N mount and clear timing cover (at a cost of £1200+) to only actually have the cams installed and timed to standard timing, it to take 6+ weeks for a job I've seen done in a couple of hours (if that), take my money, never actually get the rest of the parts in and never complete the work despite being chased up constantly for almost 2 years... I'd say I'm qualified to comment ;)

I'm on my 2nd modified Clio now and take a keen interest and research what does and doesn't work on them. I'm no car tuner, but give me a budget and I'd be easily just as able to tell you what would work best for your money in terms of £/gains ratio...

And anyway, there's hardly any threads about Angel works to hijack... not that it has anyway. The guy said he's not happy with it, I can fully understand, but for different reasons and it's not the first time people have not been impressed with this mod... even Ben says so himself... which is very honest and from experience not a quality I thought he posessed. This is in no way a personal attack on Ben, I've been quite restrained as I could go into more detail about how I was totally ripped off and lied to, but I'm not Scottish

80MPG BEEZA
this forum is starting to get full of the same comments! i mean why post in a tuning and mechanical section that your not happy with gains?

we should have a moan and crap topic section

I have spent around 4.5k on my engine for a proven 20bhp.

Spending 1k on these engines is peanuts, at the end of the day you expected to much.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I don't think he did Mark tbh. To spend that and not feel any difference must be very disappointing.

Audi TT 225
Fact of it is these engines already kick out a huge amount of power stock so unless your willing to spend huge money on ITB's, Turbo's etc then all your going to succeed in doing is making the engine rev more freely, be more responsive and feel more drivable and have a bit more of an edge over a stock engine. Its all just fine tuning imo, making it a little more honed and a bit more of a polished product. Look at the word... "tune" its like twiddling the knob on a TV to get the best picture, same with the engine you just making it perform the best you can without doing something drastic.
Then again Im a synical son of a b**** these days ;)

Last edited:
  MK1 monster
This thread is stupid as always the jesus has taken an oppertunity to **** off Ben.

I have to say my clio has just come back from AWT and yes it took a very long time but it was worth the wait and id rather wait a while for the best than have it rushed.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
This thread is stupid as always the jesus has taken an oppertunity to **** off Ben.

I have to say my clio has just come back from AWT and yes it took a very long time but it was worth the wait and id rather wait a while for the best than have it rushed.

Erm, what? No he hasn't at all, read the thread properly before waffling on.:rolleyes:

Clio v6
I think Jesus has been reasonably fair in this thread.

Tell us all about your car Clio-girl.

Before and after results/graphs, cost, exactly how long etc. This thread needs a bit more balance.

I dont think I have star star star star'd Ben off at all, I've merely explained things as they happened. I'll reiterate, he's a very good tuner in that he knows a hell of a lot about engines etc, but other aspect of things done (or not) are what I take issue with and I'm giving a semi-honest account of what happened. If you want I can post the full story, but you'd be even less happy... not that I understand why, as I was the one that paid £1200+ for work and only received a set of cams that were merely put in and that was the end of it. Quality of product, fantastic, cant complain, even untimed they were great, just I paid a lot more and never received anything but excuses and lies. I've not gone into it in this thread though, I can if you would like?

A4 Avant

I dont think I have star star star star'd Ben off at all, I've merely explained things as they happened. I'll reiterate, he's a very good tuner in that he knows a hell of a lot about engines etc, but other aspect of things done (or not) are what I take issue with and I'm giving a semi-honest account of what happened. If you want I can post the full story, but you'd be even less happy... not that I understand why, as I was the one that paid £1200+ for work and only received a set of cams that were merely put in and that was the end of it. Quality of product, fantastic, cant complain, even untimed they were great, just I paid a lot more and never received anything but excuses and lies. I've not gone into it in this thread though, I can if you would like?

I don't think further detail is needed to stay on topic. IMO you haven't slagged Ben off in this thread you've just let people know your experience, be it good or bad!

As Ben has said everyone needs to be told when things are wrong else how do you improve and move your company forward. No one likes unsatisfied customers but no company is 100% perfect, especially not in the tough world of car tuning!

RenaultSport clio 17
I have spent around 4.5k on my engine for a proven 20bhp.

Spending 1k on these engines is peanuts, at the end of the day you expected to much.

How true...:star:
I will buy some VAG turbo engine :dead:

I don't think further detail is needed to stay on topic. IMO you haven't slagged Ben off in this thread you've just let people know your experience, be it good or bad!

As Ben has said everyone needs to be told when things are wrong else how do you improve and move your company forward. No one likes unsatisfied customers but no company is 100% perfect, especially not in the tough world of car tuning!

Aye, exactly, I'd start another thread if I was bothered about releasing all the details lol. I've simply relayed 'part' of my experience, both the positive and negative (though not all the negative as I'm being unusually restrained).

I don't think he did Mark tbh. To spend that and not feel any difference must be very disappointing.

Its all relative though isnt it.

He thought 1k was alot to spend and expected a big difference. In reality the amount of money is small as are the gains.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Agreed, in the scheme of things 1k is small time but to actually not feel any difference which he is stating isn't right imo. I have similar mods and experienced good gains and visually quicker.

Agreed, in the scheme of things 1k is small time but to actually not feel any difference which he is stating isn't right imo. I have similar mods and experienced good gains and visually quicker.

IMO none of the mods give him more top end, just small mid range and driveability improvements.

M135i
all ive had on mine is a RS tuning remap, hillpower induction (which i know probably wont make a gnats c**k of difference) and angelworks inlets. mine feels a hell of alot quicker than before. lots of low down grunt now, which makes it more of a pleasure to drive.

i would have thought that you'd feel a difference too tbh.

i havnt got power graphs to back up my claims but im in belief that rr's are hit and miss (but are ok for ball park figures), it's what it drives like on the road that counts.

Last edited:
  Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
As we all know, the mods do not give massive gains....fact. Is it not possible the that Johns car was a good en from the factory and these mods were never gonna give massive gains. Most owners seem to chuck money at their car and possibly expect a miracle, it's not gonna happen unless it's down on power from stock. If you check the output before you chuck 1.2k at it you would know better what to expect and would be justified in being disappointed if good gains weren't achieved. My 04' 172 had Hillpower IK, Sport-cat, magnex zorst and 182 maifold when I bought it. I was impressed with the mid-range pull from 3k and ample power all the way to 7.2k. It goes to 140mph without hesitating too. I then found CS and after much reading decided on the Anglleworks inlets and then in the future an RS Tuning Re-Map. As mine has an RS inlet as stock I realised I may not gain much here. I cannot say I honestly noticed a difference, but realisticly would I, and should I?? Probably not. When I have the re-map I am gonna have a before and after RR so I have an idea of the cars output but should I be diappointed if I don't achieve 1** BHP? From what you read on here RR's vary so much and the figures are all over the place. How are you supposed to measure the results of tuning if this is the case?
It seems pretty obvious to me it's a bit of a lottery as to the results that tuning can achieve. Most of you seem to be aware of this so why spend your money if you know the results aren't garanteed and then moan.
Seems to me that some of you are more intent on bitching about other members instead of enjoying your cars:lolup:

111s
i'v been to angelworks for inlets and remap on my 182,before going i got janspeed cat and exhaust also itg panel filter.
So in all its,
exhaust £346
cat £287
filter £48
inlets/map£540
total £1221
my car, other than a raised rev limit,SOD ALL differance,no quicker in any way.
if it is,its the weight saving from the 1K plus missing from my back pocket,
IM GUTTED, my advice to you if your'e thinking about it DONT DO IT.:nono:

If you're prepared to spend that on mods i'm surprised you weren't prepared to spend £50 for a before and after power run to document the improvement (or lack of).

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its all got into a bit of a witch hunt imo. The inlets on their own are what £180 ish?..... The total this dude payed was £540 with a remap. Ben didn't make the exhaust system or IK, so its not all down to Angel works.......hell the price of a wanky viper is £250ish. So really this dude has had £500 pounds worth of tuning by ben........... Not a lot really is it?

cup 182 mit stripes
Ben's not so innocent as you lot believe.lol It was his surreptitious propaganda that led us to believe that 10bhp and similar torque gains were available from inlet mods as the factory ones were so abysmal.

I fell for it, but was not alone. Now he's saying some factory ones are ok lol

CB600FS
The Clios seem so varied to be fair, some gain nowt from inlets/remap etc, some gain loads more, its just the monday morning, friday afternoon cars.

DCI's get about 30bhp for £345 - just thought I'd add that *flame suit* :boring:

Seat Leon Cupra 290
end of the day everyone (should) learn from there own mistakes.

im not going to tune a car again.

a clio that is

M

mini-valver

TomTom, They also spit gearbox's out after though ;)

I think inlet's have to be taken with a pinch of salt TBH, maybe it's placebo and you gain nothing? They're are PROVEN gains though, not hear say of "I can't feel a difference" therefore it's s**t.

Chelsea tractor
After all it's an already a fairly highly tuned N/A engine so you're not realistically going to get big noticable gains for rock bottom prices...

111s
Ben's not so innocent as you lot believe.lol It was his surreptitious propaganda that led us to believe that 10bhp and similar torque gains were available from inlet mods as the factory ones were so abysmal.

I fell for it, but was not alone. Now he's saying some factory ones are ok lol

As has been stated SOME cars did make 10bhp, just becasue you never heard about or more to the point, asked about how many cars DIDN'T make the expected power (if there is such a thing) doesn't mean they don't exsist.

As for the 'serruptitious propaganda' statement, he offered a service that COULD improve your car. You bought into it, no one forced you.

Fiesta ST
I think this saying sum's it up...

"You can't polish a turd". :dapprove:

Sometimes cars and engines respond well to mods, sometimes, they don't. (I think that's been iterated a few times in this thread).

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
It is a shame tbh. Look at the ctr, they can get ~230 ish with bolt on/ecu changes. Imagine that!!!! mmmmmmm