ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Animal windsurf team PICS (wh*rage)

Arctic blue 182ff
as promised from previous thread...

(theres 23....)

DSC_1333.jpg

DSC_1344.jpg

DSC_1345.jpg

DSC_1347.jpg

DSC_1360.jpg

DSC_1370.jpg

DSC_1400.jpg

DSC_1402.jpg

DSC_1423.jpg

DSC_1425.jpg

DSC_1426.jpg

DSC_1431.jpg

DSC_1450.jpg

DSC_1464.jpg

DSC_1474.jpg

DSC_1485.jpg

DSC_1516.jpg

DSC_1533.jpg

DSC_1543.jpg

DSC_1567.jpg

DSC_1591.jpg

DSC_1592.jpg

DSC_1611.jpg

damn i got wet takings these!!

Arctic blue 182ff
mcbunny if u read the previous post, i haven't owned my d40 long, have not much of an idea about photography, im full aware that i need a bigger lens, but is no point if i dont know how to use my camera properly.

i agree but id try photographing something easier to learn how to use your camera first ;) rather than fast moving small dark objects in really bad light

Arctic blue 182ff
sorry bud but i wasnt going to miss be able to chat and pgotograph a world class professional windsurfer...

but thanks for not appreciating anything up there.

Arctic blue 182ff
well i know my zoom is shite, and the sky wasn't good lighting.... but had great winds a talented people to at least start an effort.

we always do the best with what we have only very few people have all the kit for all the situations

what you really need to do is work out what you want to photograph most of the time. if its wind surfing and other water sports you really need a much longer lens as trying to compose a shot with a lens as wide as 55mm at the long end is going to be hard your really going to need something at around 400mm and fairly fast unless your doing alot of your work in nicer countries :)

also watch out on the beach as the d40 isnt weather sealed and the lenses hate salt water and sand

Fiat Panda 100hp
Like this one.

I did a quick crop, do the same with the original. For me this is the only place the D40 falls down on the MP as better crops can be had from a higher resolution camera.

2759245561_f784afb54c_o.png
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2056/2759245561_f784afb54c_o.jpg

2759245561_f784afb54c_o.png

mcbunny if u read the previous post, i haven't owned my d40 long, have not much of an idea about photography, im full aware that i need a bigger lens, but is no point if i dont know how to use my camera properly.

Great pics, but I don't agree with the above. You don't need to learn to use the camera properly to get a new lens! I upgraded straight away and I still don't know everything about my D40!! lol

Revels Mum & Sister
Mcbunny is pretty much pro!

Good effort though IMO, they do need cropping and the light is pretty bad! But you did well under the circumstances!

Mcbunny is pretty much pro!

Good effort though IMO, they do need cropping and the light is pretty bad! But you did well under the circumstances!

hardly lol im awful. im trying to help just in my usual harsh upfront rude way lol

but deep down i have good intention i just lack tact

but i still stand by teh fact it would be easier with alonger lens

1.2 Dynamique billabong
good pics but as stated a longer lens is a must, if you have shot the originals at max quality and size then you should be able to get some decent close ups as long as you dont intend in printing them as web based images only need to be a resolution of 72ppi.
if you have photoshop make a new document 800 x 600 at 72ppi and paste the pic into it, you will then get much closer / cropped imaged.