ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoyed at iPhone / iTunes

Monaro VXR
Well today was a great day. Now managed to lose a load of irreplaceable pictures on my phone. Last few I had of my dad before he passed away basically.

Basically I hooked up the phone and it did it's usual sync and backup. What I wanted to do to get the pictures off anyway. All going well, I had not updated to 4.3.3 so thought might as well get it done now.

For some reason it deleted everything. Then it restored the backup which consisted of a whopping 2 contacts and 1 photo and my apps / music. I told it to sync again thinking oh maybe it just didn't copy everything. Got all my contacts back but no images. They have completely gone.

Tried going through all the directories but the information isn't there. Is there anyway of saving anything from the phone still? Can I recover anything from the space as I am guessing a lot of the information is possibly still there, just now been marked as being free space.

Last edited:
  Cupra
The only thing you can try is Recuva (free). http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Use it to search the iphone folder in windows and hopefully you can get some photos back. It works on USB drives, but I am not sure about the file system of an iphone. Good luck!

DB.

BMW 440i
Did you back it up then update to the new version? Or just go straight to updating?

Monaro VXR
Cheers guys for trying. Nothing has worked though. I managed to recover 1 photo from the backup.

Better than nothing.