ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoyed at PS3

dk

911 GTS Cab
you obviously haven't played f1 with all the aids turned off then, about as realistic as it gets.

57 Clio Campus Sport
I like f1 aswell but hes right, the games available so far are crap, i have resistance, motorstorm and f1 in my opinion are the best 3. I want to get a new one but there is none i like the look of till GTA at the moment and no games are coming out, they seem to be coming out very slowly and they are all pooo. The onyl decent games coming soon that i can see are one that i have had on 360 for months already and they are only just coming out on PS3

SLK 350
Motorstorm, COD3, Virtua Fighter 5, all very playable. But yes im buying a few PS2 titles to keep me busy.

I've got resistance and finished that in the first day.......was so disappointed at the game play and level of gore as the sales guy said it was violent.

COD3 is ok, but again not very fluid.

fear is just plain slow

motorstorm is just the most boring arcade driving game ever.......all the ads had me thinking it was bash em up violent driving.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Motorstorm and F1 are both brilliant games. Game releases will always be slow at this time of year, they always have been.

Each entitled to our own opinion though and it looks very much like you'd be better selling it.

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
There is only afew good games atm but i think everyone knew that before buying one.but dirt is out soon cant wait for that.

Golf R soon...
Rainbow 6 Vegas is out next Friday, that should keep me entertained for a while!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I never bought GRAW 2 on the 360 so I will wait and buy it for the PS3. Great to read that it is not simply a port from the 360.

Here are some of the most significant differences between the two versions, headed by the expected motion sensitivity-
  • Sixaxis compatibility- controller features used for Mitchell & Cross-com control
  • SP- drive the supports (drone, M.U.LE) with the Sixaxis functionality
  • SP/MP- change Mitchell stances with the Sixaxis
  • SP- change the Rules of Engagement with the Sixaxis
  • Consistency increased between SP & MP- Scope, Movement, Aiming
  • PS3 specifics adaptation of controls- Menus, Shoot button
The new version will also feature 14 additional maps (bringing the grand total to 32), 32 new "adversarial multiplayer maps" that support up to 16 players, added weapons and character customization options, a brand new optimizing re-spawn system, new female operatives and "hundreds of fresh game mode options." And for those of you who prefer to play with a pal, you can expect two new Co-op Modes - "Evasion" and "Exfiltration" - with 6 missions each.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Ill probably buy fra 2 but not r6 as ive got it on 360 will rent it though because my mates getting it, its out on 29th June

Shed.
I only play PC games and thats if ive got the time. Reason being theres a ton out there which are really good. And there are some really decent ones coming out soon. The down side to a pc is that its so expensive to build a computer capable of coping with such hungry games these days.

SLK 350
Why? Becuase he doesn't like your PS3?

360 ftw ;)

If theres a justified argument for his ridiculous statement then I'll accept it. As it happens he ended up sounding like a penis because he claims he's "in the no".

Find me making such a sweeping remark about the 360 you will not. I couldn't give a monkeys what console each fanboy claims is better, doesn't interest me. What does interest me is people making stupid remarks without any argument to back up their e-penis. In which case they should just remain quiet.

Having said that all Caramel seems to do on this forum is try and piss people off, he/she/it hasn't made a post of constructive sentences to my knowledge.

Monaro VXR
No because if he was in games he would know the Ps3 is not lame

Not lame just not as well designed as it could have been. The CPU tech is still too immature in my eyes. Also isn't as powerful as they would have you believe. The RSX chip is just a 7800 at heart so not really anything new. Resulting in the system they said was much more powerful than the 360 simply not being the case. In the real world theres not that much between the CPU's and on the graphics card front the 360 takes it. But again not by all that much in the real world.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG

360 ftw ;)

If theres a justified argument for his ridiculous statement then I'll accept it. As it happens he ended up sounding like a penis because he claims he's "in the no".

Find me making such a sweeping remark about the 360 you will not. I couldn't give a monkeys what console each fanboy claims is better, doesn't interest me. What does interest me is people making stupid remarks without any argument to back up their e-penis. In which case they should just remain quiet.

Having said that all Caramel seems to do on this forum is try and piss people off, he/she/it hasn't made a post of constructive sentences to my knowledge.

dont get upset because you just spent all that money on a PS3 :) i have made clear points on here before why a 360 is a better gaming console.

you(and only you) seem to get really upset when anyone says anything bad about your baby(PS3) i think it time to relise that all that money you were saving to buy your PS3 you could of been having better fun a year earlier with a 360(presuming you dont have one)

SLK 350
Upset because I spent all that money; why is that exactly because I'm still sat here waiting for you too tell me. Seems to me you don't know a thing about the very thing you're trying to troll about.

Now post up some valid points, and I'll listen to what you're saying. But posting stupid stereotypical kiddy comments is not going to win you this battle, so lets have it. Tell me why my PS3 was such a tragic waste of my money?

I'll grant you happily that the PS Store is far from developed far enough, and that there is currently a shortage on the games front, but if you've anything else to add then I'd love to hear it.

Last edited:
Having played all 3 I have to come to the conclusion that -

360 > Wii > PS3

However both Wii and PS3 have not got started yet. Ill pick up a PS3 once it goes down to the £200 mark. 360 has the benefit that its been out longer so of course it has the more games. But if 360 didn't have live it would suck tbh.

Evo 6, E92 320d
almost all line up titles for all consoles are a bit naff, give it 6 months or so like october/november and well see a lot more games. prices are comin down fast now, a guy i know is sellin new ps3s for £330 in colchester, and were i work (cash converters ) were sellin resistance for £20- bargin

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
great hardware poor software and you cant say the PS3 is in its early days because it is not, been out for 7 months plus game testers have had it before that, and it has been in development since PS2. cant be bothered to argue as im tired:)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
If I bought a PS3 I wouldnt be disapointed.. a blu-ray hi-def linux supercomputer(ish) with built in lan/wifi and s**t hot graphics system for £400 ..

Bargain IMO

Oh and it also plays games !

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's just down to development time. The PS3 will begin to make a name for itself with decent titles soon enough. The only problem being that if Sony doesn't get its act together sharpish, the XBox 720 may not be too far off... ;)

D.

Although I hated it, F1 is £24.99 in Gamestation brand new, they had loads. I could probably learn to like it at that price.

I love the ps3, but its just annoys me that there are no impressive games.

Guess i'll just wait for army of two.

SLK 350
I tried the F1 demo, but I just can't learn to like it. Just seems the feeling of speed isn't there somehow, and the cornering seems really off IMO.

Citroen DS3 DSport
It's amazing how opinions differ, I think F1 has a great feeling of speed :D

I own a 360 and a PS3, the 360 hardly gets looked at since I bought the PS3. Gaming isn't the only reason for this, the PS3 is an excellent media player when combined with Linux. It's a fantastic console and I do not regret buying it at all. By the end of this year the game releases will have increased and the worthless arguments presented by 360 fanboys will decrease. The fanboys are easy to spot, they appear in every PS3 thread telling everyone how crap it is while worshiping Bill G.

I hear the games are hard to develop for the PS3 which is why their taking so long to come out. Once the major titles like Gran Turismo, GTA etc start re-appearing, console wars will begin to sway more heavily in the PS3's favour. That and when the price comes down a bit. I'd have one in a second if they brought the price down 100 quid, but right now there's other things prefer spending my money on!

Citroen DS3 DSport
The price will surely fall before the end of the year, I'd be very surprised if it does not. If Sony can hit £299 for Christmas and get some big games released at the same time then it'll sell well. It definitely has the potential to outsell the 360.

R

rich[182]

From a HD point of view, the saving grace for the PS3 in the joke otherwise known as "Blu-Ray", is that unlike all 1st generation BD players the PS3 supports BD-Java and will meet the BD standards when they are finally ratified later this year, the current Sony and Samsung players according to the latest DVD mags, may never and thus could be technically obselete in November (may not play extras content and menu navigation problems with new titles)

Big 3 page article - can't remember mags name (mentions it on front cover) but it's a shocking eye opener of a read

The 2nd gen players will be approx £600 at launch so if the PS3 is even still £400 it's still the best choice for BD

VaVa

360 ftw ;)

[soccer AM]

Easy! Easy! Easy! Easy!

[/soccer AM]

;)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
the trouble with ps3 fanboys is that whenever someone comes along and criticise ps3, they get all defensive about it and call you a 360 fanboy... end of the day. they haven't got the games right now, and with only a few exclusive titles, there seems little point in buying one just for the games. i think anybody can see that...